USMC Colonial Marines Aliens

Willone242

Hi - I wonder if there is a STL or 3D file out there for the USMC armour from Aliens. Cant find one, but still, there might be one. Im thinking of contracting a 3rd party to create one if there is none, and I will share it when its done. But I would like to reach out for either excistint 3D files, or for good reference material, drawing, Blueprints ect so the work can be done propper. Think a #d printer armour would work :) Pleas feeback me

Last edited:
Maybe there's a way to convert the pepakura files to 3D printable files, and smooth out the polygons?

I've also a repository of around 680 images of armour, weapons, props and accessories from the movie here - Aliens Movie.

Maybe there's a way to convert the pepakura files to 3D printable files, and smooth out the polygons?

I've also a repository of around 680 images of armour, weapons, props and accessories from the movie here - Aliens Movie.
Hi Callianis. You might be the person to help me. I'm making a set of USCM armour and I am unsure how the shoulder armour conects to the chect and back plates. I am at the moment going to connect it with straps to the back armour but wondered if it connects some how on top of the shoulder to stop it slipping off the shoulder. Not sure if that makes sense. Just wondered if you'd ever come across a phot of how its done? cheers Jon

I am unsure how the shoulder armour conects to the chect and back plates.

Yup it does connect at the top. You could just use a loop of webbing for that.

Each of the 3 shoulder plates is pretty much daisy chained together with webbing and then a loop to go over where the front and backplate join over the shoulder. So that's how I did mine.

These are 3 shots of armour from the movie.

Aponephapone4small.jpgStunt dcopen.jpgStunt dcside.jpg

And here are some shots of how fans put theirs together. While the original used some kind of stud and some fans used pop rivets, I was on a time limit and didn't want to risk wrecking my foam and Worbla version so I just put velcro on the underside so that I could detach each piece from each other if need be.

0692079e-188f-4efb-9b32-fb4fc24bb56d.jpg10403513_10152911965598728_3552626757252088183_n.jpgD'chef Rob 8461_10152924413755451_2089708631_n.jpgInside Armor.jpgkgbairsoftfile-127.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back