Question Using initials for film titles - place cursor on the underlined acronym (answered)

Kennyd

Are there any guidelines for using initials instead of full titles ?

Quite a few posts are using initials without even establishing what film they refer to. This might be easy for the film buffs to follow but often I don't know what film they're talking about.

Starwars : ANH, TESB, ROTJ, Prequels: TMP,AOTC,ROTS
Indiana jones :ROTLA, TOD, LC, KOTCS
hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy : HGTTG
Bladerunner : BR
These are those that i can think of that are used mostly..

You will notice that the site will underline many initials that we have defined to help with this. When it comes to thread titles, we prefer the movie title be spelled out, but within the text of the post itself, shorting a long movie name is just easier.

Also, PM usually means "private message" instead of phantom menace.
TPM is the usual/accepted abbreviation for "The Phantom Menace".

As an FYI to those that haven't noticed, you can simply place your cursor on the underlined acronym and the system will display the full text.

TPM is the usual/accepted abbreviation for "The Phantom Menace".

As an FYI to those that haven't noticed, you can simply place your cursor on the underlined acronym and the system will display the full text.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!! nice feature

I usually try to figure out what ppl are talking about. Like a game... Where the more I reccognize, the lamer I have become.

WOooh, dorkdom!!!

r

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back