Using EVA Foam and Hot glue on armor boots, Questions??

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

LuckyLukse

Hey guys, ive been trying to search but having zero luck on this topic of mine. I am making armor pieces out of eva foam and hot glue to place over some shoes I will be walking around in all day. My question is, does hot glue keep a strong enough bond to take walking around a con with no issues? Im not a big guy (5'6" and 155-160lbs) Just looking to see how everyone else did it.

Ill be wearing the costume for 2 days at PAX East, so alot of walking.

Thanks =D

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Psicorp7

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hot glue works fine as long as your armor pieces move and joint at the natural bends in the foot. Usually, that means a seperate toe, then mid-shoe/instep and then the heel. It also helps to have a floating piece loosely attached to the shin or top of the shoe to cover the gap around the ankle.

LuckyLukse

so like this? I tried going off of things online but wanted to make sure. I have a toe and heel and the toe cuts off before my natural bend.

http://imgur.com/4Ro7THQ

I'll be wearing pants since the character just wears armored shoes, so I was thinking of a piece of craft foam to cover the laces. And possibly a piece on each side to hide the shoes side.