Using clay as hair on a bust.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

_Lee_

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all,

Hope you are all well.

I've just purchased some DAS clay to form some hair into the Terminator 2 bust I'm working on. I just wanted to ask if the clay will stick to the bust and if not, what can I use to bond the 2 together? This is my first time using clay and attempting to do molded hair. I've attached a photo of the bust I'm working on.

Thankyou for any help :)

Lee

Attachments

• 20211009_182403.jpg
    20211009_182403.jpg
    930.2 KB · Views: 35

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

udog

What´s the bust made of?, latex?, is it flexible?
In first instance I don´t think DAS will bond to that.
What you are trying to do is a bit "out of the kit" as I see it. Ideally it would be modeling it all together.
But probably it will be very difficult to take it off once sculpted and hardened, it might get locked on the head.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.