USA Police Badges - Customising Help Needed

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

JonnyT

I've found a guy online who sells prety decent replicas of US law enforcement badges. He does ones from famous TV shows such as a "Farmington" badge from The Shield and a "Five-0" badge from Hawaii Five-0. They're a little on the pricey side but they seem to be very good quality.

Having served in Law Enforcement in the UK for 14 years, and being a big fan of both the aforementioned TV shows, I thought it would be cool to start a collection of badges for a box display in my office. The only thing is that I would really like my old UK badge number on all the badges. Sadly the ones that he sells don't have the option to customise the badge number.

To my question:

How difficult do you think it would be to remove the number that comes with the badges and put my own number on there? Could this be achieved? If so, how?

1587485785930.png

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think it would have to be sanded down but that would ruin the finish.

However I have had luck here Custom Badges - Leather Badge Holders and Wallets - Agent Gear USA

I had Dave make me a Longmire badge with a custom badge number. I would email him first and ask him if he still does this. He agreed to do it if he could engrave “Prop use only” on the back of the badge which was not a big deal at all. That was a few years ago so I can promise he still does them.

Good luck!