Uruk's Repaints

uruk

Hey guys.

just wanted to share my fresh custom repaints of neca's predators - P1, P2, Elder and Wolf.

i might do some tutorials on them if you want, i did it on some other forum but in polish. just let me know if you want them, and i'll try to translate them the best i can.

so, without further babbling, here they are (just a couple of pictures, the rest is in my flickr stream, HERE

P1:

6905318371_cd622db3e0_b.jpg.png
6905344729_c009e6da25_b.jpg.png
6905338635_fee0ba0f45_b.jpg.png

P2:

6905288819_036faa7b35_b.jpg.png
6905314279_3ab14429f7_b.jpg.png

Elder:

6905355617_659531d026_b.jpg.png
6905379071_25599125e1_b.jpg.png
6905373489_2dcb374e19_b.jpg.png

Wolf:

6779402934_97ce1ed962_b.jpg.png
6925519687_7957706e4e_b.jpg.png
6779401934_1b35fbf695_b.jpg.png
6925520859_2dae179944_b.jpg.png

the picures don't really do the justice - they look better in hand.

These are beautiful!
I have to say, they look very professional. It's like you knew just how much detail you could cram into them without them looking over-saturated or sloppy. Extremely clean work.

thank you all! well, i'd be left with no chance to do them this movie accurate without the Lair - reference materials here are priceless. Shaman1 - i'll post a tutorial for P1 later, hope it helps.

i've been waiting for someone to put a tutorial about incredible repaints like this.
I want to know what paints and colors you used, especially for the teeth and gums.
I would appreciate it if u can share it to us

I tend to favour Games Workshop paints: a bit more pricey but you usually get what you pay for. I've tried a few other paint brands but I've always stuck with them.

i use mainly Pactra and Vallejo acrylics - the only Citadel paints i own are metallics - they surely are the best.

okay, so here goes - tutorial for P1 repaint:

base color for skin - Africa Yellow (Pactra - i'll be using Pactra as default, will say when using other brand):

p1050612z.th.jpg
[/URL]

few drybrushed layers of Africa Yellow mixed with more and more White Matt:

p1050613p.th.jpg
[/URL]
p1050615w.th.jpg
[/URL]
p1050616m.th.jpg

next, a 30/70 mix of Africa Yellow and Yellow watered down very much and aplied as a very light wash in places where the dark body color will meet the pale parts:

p1050617.th.jpg

another wash from heavily watered down Rust, covering the same places, but with previous, yellow layer still visible between - we're aiming for a nice blending effect:

p1050620n.th.jpg

the dark, almost black color i use is a mix of Black Matt and Rust (something like 80/20, or even more black - it should look almost black):
p1050621w.th.jpg
p1050622u.th.jpg

the last layer of wash to blend the colors - a mix of Rust and Black Matt (75/25).

p1050623y.th.jpg
p1050624x.th.jpg

the skin is almost ready - using a lot of reference materials, i tried to copy the spotted pattern on the skin using Black Matt. Quills were painted with A107 RAL - a dark grey color (they should be black, but i use dark grey to differ them from the spots):

next is the armor. i primed all the parts black, then drybrushed the first layer with a mix of: Mithril Silver (Citadel), Goblin Green (Vallejo), Africa Yellow, and Black Matt (can't really say what proportions i used - but AY and Black should be just about 1/4 of the mix.

then, i drybrush over a mix of Mithril Silver and a drop of RAL - just to break the shininess of silver:

next, some dirt here and there, drybrushed with Africa Yellow (not too much, too little is always better than too much)

the last part of armor - black blast marks - again, used reference pictures to figure where exactly they are:

the netting was done with RAL, bone necklace washed (Rust + Orange) and drybrushed (Yellow + Orange), feet and hands the same way as the rest of the body. leather stripes were painted with a mix of Rust and Black. Same for the skirt, but then i drybrushed over a layer of the same mix with some Africa Yellow added.

now the biohelmet. i painted it exactly like the rest of armor parts, and then, using a sponge, added some dirt using Black and Africa Yellow. the last part was a really light layer of drybrush, using a mix of Mithril Silver and very light grey. then added the blast mark, and that's it. Unmasked heads were done like the body, but with some heavier Rust wash. The light brown spots were made with a mix of Rust and Orange, and the black ones with a 0.2 sharpie.

I hope the tutorial is quite undertandable - my english is far from perfect. feel free to ask about anything :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Phenominal work Uruk, absolutely adore that P1 paint up, probably the best i have seen. I'm trying my best to make 1 as good.
Thanks for that tutorial man.

best tutorial ever, your english is pretty good man. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing work.
You gonna help a lot of colllectors who wants to try this, I will definitely do this on my preds. Good job!

haha! thanks, but would that change anything? it's not sculptors nor painters fault - the factory rapes all the work they did to bring them to life...

and, here's Berserker!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uruczy/sets/72157629110619458/

6792443540_bf6802d3cc_b.jpg.png
6938560661_8ec69c53ca_b.jpg.png

Exquisite paint jobs!

I pride myself on my painting skills but this blows me out of the water. Usually it's cause I'm too lazy to paint each individual spot/scale :p

Seriously though, that Berserker's skin is incredible.

thanks again! it's really nice to hear this much of positive feedback.

finished another one today - here's Falconer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uruczy/sets/72157629117347018/

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back