Urgent Help Painting Latex And Urethrane

Chris27989

Sr Member
Been offered a batman begins suit that is urethane chest and back with latex legs forearms and calf's. But the urethane is shiny and the latex is dull. Is it possible to repaint the whole suit to a matt finish like the movie? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks Chris

here is what you need.
adhesion promotor - comes in a spray bomb. spray like primer 1-2 coats. you need to paint within 10 min of spraying the promotor.
water based airbrush paint mixed with a flex-agent.

the promotor allows the paint to stick to anything. kinda like glue for paint.
the airbrush paint has some flex to it, but adding the flex-agent allows it to bend even more.

dont know where you would get anything in the UK. promotor and flex comes from automotive stores and the airbrush paint from craft stores.

good luck mate

sing this method will not work well on body armor if you are planning on wearing it, you will have too much film build. The latex will paint no problems at all.

here is what you need.
adhesion promotor - comes in a spray bomb. spray like primer 1-2 coats. you need to paint within 10 min of spraying the promotor.
water based airbrush paint mixed with a flex-agent.

the promotor allows the paint to stick to anything. kinda like glue for paint.
the airbrush paint has some flex to it, but adding the flex-agent allows it to bend even more.

dont know where you would get anything in the UK. promotor and flex comes from automotive stores and the airbrush paint from craft stores.

good luck mate

plastidip does stick to everything. however i can scratch off of no porous surfaces. also it doesnt always go on smooth. my armor has a speckled look to it.

if you can get it to spray properly, yes.
try it out first on something else of the same material. like any paint you put on, once its on, thats it. test everything before you use it on you final project

ok thanks.. stupid question but i need to know lol
Do you need to sand/key latex and urethane or will the plastidip just stick to it?

Plastidip will def not stick on urethane at all, it does work great on latex and you can smooth and polish etc with mineral spirits.

i wouldnt sand latex. all the info ive given you is what i got from a painter at work. if ou want good info. try looking up "monster lab" special fx forum. its run by professionals that work on real high budget movies. my friend who did resident evil 2 and dawn of the dead is on there.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back