Uratz's Predator Bling WIP Thread

Uratz

Sr Member
Rather than starting new thread I will use this thread for Predator Bling WIP
From now on this thread will be about making Predator jewelry, armbands, brass knuckles and whatever Hunter Bling that our favorite intergalactic hunter adorns.

Enjoy!
-Mike
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Predavatar - Accessories

I saw Avatar in 3D and having my mind blown away by the richness in design and naturalistic tribal flavors, the movie has inspired me to take on an idea I had in my mind for some time.
The Skull N Bones Arm Band the Predator wears is something I've wanted to make for my own costume and having all the right parts I think its time to put it all together.
I will also be making a few extras versions exploring different ideas.

I can't wait to get started :D

Predavatar___Accessories_WIP_1_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

What's next on your to do list Mike? This should look great on bonehunter, speaking of which any progress on your bonehunter build?

That sounds like a good idea Uratz and I hope you don't mind, but I was going to the same thing with mine and I hope that is ok. I was not wanting to have you think I stole your idea or anything I don't want to be stepping on your toes so to speak.

wow that sounds like an awesome idea love the avp3 design with the skulls and stuff good luck with it cannot wait to see what you come up with :D

That sounds like a good idea Uratz and I hope you don't mind, but I was going to the same thing with mine and I hope that is ok. I was not wanting to have you think I stole your idea or anything I don't want to be stepping on your toes so to speak.

If fine man. I'm ripping off the video game as well so we "borrow" all the time!

Skull N Bonez Paint Up

Phew! Took me a whole day (8 hours) to paint these bad boyz.

The Chamois was painted damp by using wet puddles of shoe polish stain brushed on a board then the cloth is placed on it.
A roller is used to push the cloth into the ink. Its basically a printing technique learned from my Print shop internship back in college.

The rest of the skulls are painted the same way and stained.
Hope Ya Digz!

Skull_N_Bonez_Paint_Up_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Skull_N_Bonez_Paint_Up_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

I'm still loving the small Predator skull paint up very nice work Uratz as always.

Thanks GT, Glad you like the stuff.

I just epoxied more tiny fangs and tusks to 3 sets of the teeth things. Gonna repaint tomorrow again another long day.
There are 2 sets ready to be attached and assembled into the Arm bands which will be another day.

This looks like a full week project.

Predavatar - Accessories

I saw Avatar in 3D and having my mind blown away by the richness in design and naturalistic tribal flavors, the movie has inspired me to take on an idea I had in my mind for some time.
The Skull N Bones Arm Band the Predator wears is something I've wanted to make for my own costume and having all the right parts I think its time to put it all together.
I will also be making a few extras versions exploring different ideas.

I can't wait to get started :p

*cough*Would be a nice edition to my Ghoul armor.*cough* Need my bicep measurements!

Okay! Its done. Took me a week to paint and put it all together and my back is hurting! But it was worth it.

Made to look like authentic animal skin Arm Band made of Bones, tusks and various skulls adorn by the Predator Hunter.
Each is unique and has a different flavor to add style and hunter Bling!

Each Arm band
- has elastic straps riveted to the underside and will fit most arms from 43cm +. Each is hand made, hand stitched and hand rivets
- Is dry now and can be sprayed with water on the inside to soften, then worn. After its dried it will snugly form fit the arm to give it new shape.

Width: 43cm/ 17inches
Height:
6cm (Skully) ,
7.5cm (Tribal, Badblood. Punky)
12.5cm (Bony Tusk)

Materials:
Chamois, Shoe Polish and Paints, Brass rivets
cotton String, Resin and epoxy, Elastic strap

Pics:
Skull_N_Bonez_Armband_Fitting_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Bad_Blood_Predator_Armaband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Tribal_Style_Predator_Armband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Bony_Tusk_Predator_Armband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Skully_Predator_Armband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Punky_Style_Predator_Armband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Thanks for Tuning In!

Skull_N_Bonez_Armband_Fitting_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Bad_Blood_Predator_Armaband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Tribal_Style_Predator_Armband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Bony_Tusk_Predator_Armband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Skully_Predator_Armband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

Punky_Style_Predator_Armband_by_MichaelLoh.jpg

This is always my favorite, but I swear your work amazes me everytime I look @ your threads man!! I love all your work and I just realized that I don't think I can make this because I just don't have your skills :p

Ha ha Thanks for the Comment.
It was a pain riveting those tiny things being smaller than ur finger and having to push them.
Stitching them was also not fun but a practice in patience.

All you need is 1% Creativity and 99% Back breaking hard work. Serious

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back