Upholstery foam predator

27A53231-739E-4B99-A9AA-A67876DFB799.jpeg
B9193DCE-C385-46D4-A87F-10F0AC824E3E.jpeg
Did some painting! Very therapeutic

It looks good in general. If I could make some suggestions.

I would try and remove some extra foam around the snout, roll up some paper-towels and dip them in latex to create wrinkles on the forehead that stick out. I'd let those wrinkles dry and stick, and then cover them with more liquid latex to make them blend. Then I'd use a folded paper towel cut into shape to form the thin skin membrane around the mandibles, and also cover that in latex. Personally I'd also remove the eyes since all others beside the Berserker used the actors eyes (plus contacts). Finally I'd add two more teeth to the bottom jaw.

Just my two cents, but hope it helps :)

(If you're talking about painting, then I'd say you may not have "layered" correctly. The black area on the side of the Predators head is usually really closely condensed black spots, so that the red-brown underbeath sort of "ripples" through)

2018-10-23 13.27.49.png

2018-10-23 13.24.42.png

All good advice but I just don’t have the time/skill to do it :)

QUOTE="LunaticNic, post: 327162, member: 4300"]It looks good in general. If I could make some suggestions.

I would try and remove some extra foam around the snout, roll up some paper-towels and dip them in latex to create wrinkles on the forehead that stick out. I'd let those wrinkles dry and stick, and then cover them with more liquid latex to make them blend. Then I'd use a folded paper towel cut into shape to form the thin skin membrane around the mandibles, and also cover that in latex. Personally I'd also remove the eyes since all others beside the Berserker used the actors eyes (plus contacts). Finally I'd add two more teeth to the bottom jaw.

Just my two cents, but hope it helps :)

(If you're talking about painting, then I'd say you may not have "layered" correctly. The black area on the side of the Predators head is usually really closely condensed black spots, so that the red-brown underbeath sort of "ripples" through)

View attachment 271160

View attachment 271161[/QUOTE]
Al

Very good for someone who do not have the skills ... I think you have the skills to do it but maybe that you do not know where to begin or like a lot of people of us, do not have the money to do it ...

This is really great dude well done! I'd love to have a shot at doing something similar. May I ask, is there a particular type of upholstery foam you're using? I've found a place that sells a load of different foam sheets, but no idea which would be best. TIA! :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back