Upgraded my E-11 trooper weapon

hyperdyne

Sr Member
Always wanted a cool blaster to troop with. The Kenner one was great to troop with but was too light and rather sad in the effects dept. The PVC blaster is nice and heavy, looks awesome, but lacks roleplaying appeal.

Anyway I was bored so I upgraded my E11. What do you think?

e11_upgrade1.jpg

Whoops, the movie link got zotted out.

Here she is:
E11 upgrade movie

Camera flash brightness blazes out of the barrel, simulated red laser bolt travels through barrel, throws tons of light, ear piercing volume, 2 sounds, and a nice kicker motor that engages during each shot. It's as realistic as I could make it. Now I just need a real laser gun. :lol

Working the stun sound in was a nice touch. Well done.

Have you considered transplanting the guts from your upgraded Kenner into a PVC E-11? The instructions at the Imperial Fleet Blaster Builders Club make a great looking blaster, and then you have the looks to match the effects. Just a thought.

I hear you. We have scared the bejezus out of people with the blaster. It's not right that something so loud comes from a small gun. :) I feel like a kid again blasting away around the house. :lol

red2, I have an older PVC blaster but havent taken it apart. I suspect you might need more room inside to fit everything, but that is just a guess. I would have to see the latest plans and all. It is probably doable one way or another.

For a quick fix, the plastic Kenner blaster is the perfect size for all the additional electronics. All the stuff fit in there very nicely with room to spare...

Man if I had a cat it probably would of used up all 9 lives in cardiac arrest. :lol

I have a pic of the guts inside the blaster, need to upload it here. BTW, you can choose stun or normal blast sound anytime you want. I wanted a rapid fire blaster sound too since I've never seen one out there.

Next up, putting a bigger and louder system into my MG-34.. B)

...are you kidding me?. :eek I've always shunned the Kenner blaster....but this makes me want to get one with your upgrades. LMK if/when a kit is available for a PVC or similar blaster...

Thanks guys. Yeah I was somewhat disconcerted carrying around this paltry Kenner blaster. But heck, now I want 2 of em - one for each hand.. :lol

Every night I pick this thing up and its like I'm first through the door on the Tantive. I gotta get a better video of this in the dark. You should see the how the entire room glows red.

This is fricken sweet.. I knew it would be :)

I can think of several blasters that could use upgrades like this..... might have to start opening them up ;) muhahahaha :love

Dang Jim. It's all I can do to try and hold on to my statis as a "prop god" in my 501st outpost. If they find out about you they'll run me out of town as a 2 bit faker. :lol
Great job though, and I'd be interested to see if something like that could be added to some other weapon. Like say an E-web? :D

Richard

These arent for sale right now, but keep your eyes peeled... :)

lol @ DC, thanks man.

You know, MonCal and I were talking about an life sized E-web before I tackled this. Would be very cool to do, and the electronics would be pretty straight forward. I was thinking more like a 100W audio amp and brighter lights, maybe even a variable xeon strobe.

Now where can I get an E-web..... ;)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back