Updating my Moebius B-9 Robot, the old boy is over 6 years and that's a lot.....

teslabe

Sr Member
As the title said, it's about time to update and fix some things in this build....:unsure: I need to fix the noise from the Crown motor, upgrade the voice/mp3 player, put in a new and smaller receiver/motor driver and fix those crazy claws.....:lol: I have three videos to start the thread with, here they come....:sleep:

Here are some closeup photos of the mp3/receiver assembly shown in post/youtube video #2

Attachments

• mp3 update01 removing final transisor stage.jpg
    mp3 update01 removing final transisor stage.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 102
  • mp3 update02 adding wires to darlington transistors.jpg
    mp3 update02 adding wires to darlington transistors.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 106
  • mp3 update03 solid state relay for LED voice effect.jpg
    mp3 update03 solid state relay for LED voice effect.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 93
  • mp3 update04 DFPlayer with resistor-AD key board added to back side of player.jpg
    mp3 update04 DFPlayer with resistor-AD key board added to back side of player.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 92
  • mp3 update05 adding mp3 to reciever assembly.jpg
    mp3 update05 adding mp3 to reciever assembly.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 90
  • mp3 update06 finished assembly.jpg
    mp3 update06 finished assembly.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 101
Amazing what you've managed to pack into that little guy, tesalabe
that bubble head is bloody awesome!

I have an X-Plus Robby too so really looking forward to seeing what you do with him eventually (y)

Amazing what you've managed to pack into that little guy, tesalabe
that bubble head is bloody awesome!

I have an X-Plus Robby too so really looking forward to seeing what you do with him eventually (y)
Thank you David for taking the time to checkout my thread and post some kind words of support.....:) He was a fun build and is now going to have some issues improved and one "the claws" are now moving correctly....(y) I'm hoping to get to the X-Plus Robby this winter, should be fun......;)

Attachments

• Robby01.jpg
    Robby01.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Robby02.jpg
    Robby02.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 106
Of course :)

The new claws look great. But you know you've got to get those arms to move in and out now and to wave about. Now that would be a real feat. :p

I remember following your B9 build back in 2014 over at HT and inspired me to do something with mine one day. Just the light and sound, I lack the knowhow to do anything too amazing.

I had wanted to do the same with Robby too and managed to get the head off to take a look inside. I was curious to see if there was much room to work with but from memory there was none, or very little, at least for my skill set, so closed it back up and put it in the too hard basket. Seeing what you've done with B9, though, i'm sure you'll find it loads of fun. (y);)

Of course :)

The new claws look great. But you know you've got to get those arms to move in and out now and to wave about. Now that would be a real feat. :p

I remember following your B9 build back in 2014 over at HT and inspired me to do something with mine one day. Just the light and sound, I lack the knowhow to do anything too amazing.

I had wanted to do the same with Robby too and managed to get the head off to take a look inside. I was curious to see if there was much room to work with but from memory there was none, or very little, at least for my skill set, so closed it back up and put it in the too hard basket. Seeing what you've done with B9, though, i'm sure you'll find it loads of fun. (y);)
Thank you David for remembering the good times over at HobbyTalk, I don't go there or post much any more, just isn't the same since they changed hands, too bad I really liked posting there... I look forward to opening up one of the Robbys, should be fun....:)

Haven't been there in a while but there used to be some fascinating research on LIS Jupiter 2 and VTTBOTS Seaview and lots of great 2001:aso research too, back when Scott Alexander was still active.

Really looking forward to your Robby when you get to it (y)

Haven't been there in a while but there used to be some fascinating research on LIS Jupiter 2 and VTTBOTS Seaview and lots of great 2001:aso research too, back when Scott Alexander was still active.

Really looking forward to your Robby when you get to it (y)
I did so much over at HT and would post step by step progress photos of most of my builds, I don't do that much anymore at least not here, not many here seem that interested, might just be the subject matter......:whistle: I'll send you a PM when I start on Robby.....:)

Wow, that's one of the most amazing builds of the LIS B9 I've ever seen...and you continue to make improvements, very cool!

Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Only thing left to innovate is how to get the little red and yellow sensor dishes under the bubble to spin.

Wow, that's one of the most amazing builds of the LIS B9 I've ever seen...and you continue to make improvements, very cool!

Looking forward to seeing what you do next!
Thank you very much for the support.....:) When I built the old boy I had moved from my house to an apartment and had no room for my dream prop, that being a full size replica, so this would be my alternate solution. As I built him I did my best to keep him "upgrade-able" and after this many years and now having the time, he is going for an update......(y)

Your knowledge of electronics is mindblowing to me. I have always thought about getting into RC stuff, but have been paralyzed by the learning curve, and its time commitment. Some day I hope, but life is in the way at the moment. Sir my hat is off to you and I bow in your presence.

Your knowledge of electronics is mindblowing to me. I have always thought about getting into RC stuff, but have been paralyzed by the learning curve, and its time commitment. Some day I hope, but life is in the way at the moment. Sir my hat is off to you and I bow in your presence.
Thank you, that was a very kind post and I'm very humbled by your remarks.....o_O I always loved adding just a little more to the kits I build and some subjects, like the B-9 are easily one of my favorites, moebius did a fantastic job on this kit and it made it so easy to run with it..... Again, thank you for your remarks....:)

Just came across this thread again and realized we never saw the final upgraded version...did you ever finish it? Would love to see a video!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back