Updates...1/6 Scale Trophy Room w/HT Preds

damagecase

Ok, let me start by saying that any and all input will be appreciated. I've been mulling this idea since I got into Hot Toys Predators three or four years ago. And the idea is simply creating a 1/6 scale Predator Trophy room. The reason its taken me so long to get going on it is A) I needed enough HT Preds to populate it :) I needed scale size trophies to adorn it with C) I needed to come up with a way to create it in a proper size and also in such a way that it could be presented and stored since it will be necessarily large.

So, I now have more HT preds than I will need to populate it so that problem is solved. I also now have a variety of trophies from 1/6 scale human skulls to a couple hand sculpted alien skulls including an alien queen skull which measures around 12" in length. I also have a variety of smaller scale dinosaur skulls which I think should work nicely for random alien trophies. I've decided on a polystirene replica mstone background, one originally designed for reptile terrariums, as my wall material. This will of course be glued and mounted to a piece of 1/2 inch plywood. I've also decided to use 10/24 ready rod as my mounting apparatice. The floor will be made of real tile and there will also be a couple of pillars created from wooden chair legs panted to resemble stone. At some point in the future I am hoping to expand this to also include an armory complete with various weapons, masks and armor.

On to the size. Well, I guess it can be described as large and cumbersome, I prefer grand...lol. Anyway, the dimensons are shaping up to be something like 3 feet wide by nearly 4 feet deep by roughly 3 feet high. I'm also trying to make it so that it will be in pieces for easier storage. I also intend to place a light fixture beneath the trophy wall to illuminate the skulls.

Again, this project is already years in the making but I am really excited that I will actually begin construction on it soon.

Has anyone here tried this before and if so any info or photos would be great? I will hopefully be posting production pics here over the next several weeks as I work through it.

Any questions, feel free to ask and thanks again.

Here is mine! Not exactly 1/6 but it will do for me Goodluck with yours! I will follow this thread

293a9ty.jpg

2ekt7xx.jpg

4gjfoo.jpg

or46ew.jpg

2ly1xz8.jpg

okqumf.jpg

that look unreal , friggin awesome love the centre piece where you can see the pred holding alien head on a spear, looks brilliant well done

Ok, I took some pics of the skulls going into this wall project but now I can't figure out how to load them for everybody to see. LOL... I'm such a noob...Can anyone give me some tips?

Just for ***** and giggles i took a couple shelf shots of my clan that will populate this monstrosity....
The pred on the far left of this pic is a custom which I am naming the Fisherman... He is actually not a part of this dio but will be getting his own soon...I hope...Next to him is the P2 elder followed by a custom BD P2....
006.jpg

This is just a continuation of the first. In it there's the elder, BD custom, P2 and Lost. The BD P2 isn't for this dio either...
007.jpg

This is my wolf and my custom AVP elder...Both will be a part of the dio though I'm still fiddling with the AVP elders look...
008.jpg

Lastly is another custom. Not sure entirely where this one is going. Perhaps an adaptation to the Bone Collector from the boards...Don't know though...
012.jpg

;)

Here's a more complete layout pick of the wall. The human, intellegent alien, lion and gorilla skulls haven't been added yet mainly because I plan to display them on pikes...lol
001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

And a little closer...
003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back