Updated pics of Big Red in Progress

MotoGuy75

Hello fellow fans,

As promised here are some updated pics of the Big Red Predator bio in progress shots.As the pics state,this is after about 6 coats of createx opaque red.

BIGREDAFTER6COATSOPAQUERED.jpg

BIGRED34VIEW.jpg

BIGTREDBIOSIDEVIEW.jpg

Enjoy,Daren

Next up are the samurai designs,oh the fun of challenge....

O.k well here it is ,my Inspired Big Red Predator bio_Original I was going to do a full reproduction, but in the end decided to just use the original as a guide and make my own design for the samurai designs. Overall paint used is below:

3 coats opaque black

6 coats opaque red

2 coats matte clear coat

light dusting of pearlized silver for target and vent port on right side

for the designs, drew out and stenciled, then airbrushed on

all paint used was createx water-base and airbrushed on using a Paache VL airbrush with size 5 needle and tip

Here are a few photos, Enjoy Daren

P.S this is my first (of many) airbrush project

BIGREDCOMPLETEDSIDEVIEW.jpg

BIGREDLEFTSIDEVIEWCOMPLETE.jpg

BIGREDCOMPLETEDHEADON.jpg

BIGREDAFTER6COATSOPAQUERED.jpg

BIGRED34VIEW.jpg

BIGTREDBIOSIDEVIEW.jpg

looks awesome great job cant wait to see it finished with the black and jewel on it ,I agree with tuath you should have updated your first thread so you dont have to do it again just contact a moderator saying if they could merge this into your old thread :rolleyes:

Hello guys,

As for the new thread thing,yea I tried that and it didn't pop up the pics the way I liked so i figured try this and see how it works.I will attach the later pics to this one.

Daren

Hello Fellow Fans,

O.k well here it is ,my Inspired Big Red Predator bio_Original I was going to do a full reproduction, but in the end decided to just use the original as a guide and make my own design for the samurai designs. Overall paint used is below:

3 coats opaque black

6 coats opaque red

2 coats matte clear coat

light dusting of pearlized silver for target and vent port on right side

for the designs, drew out and stenciled, then airbrushed on

all paint used was createx water-base and airbrushed on using a Paache VL airbrush with size 5 needle and tip

Here are a few photos, Enjoy Daren

P.S this is my first (of many) airbrush project

Hey guys thanks for the nice words thus far.Well today I started on my second project, a P2 bio that has been sitting in the closet for quite a few years.I will post a topic after it is all complete,so I can show all of the pics at once.

Daren

That does look pretty good Daren
The stencils came out looking great...nice sharp edges man.
To be brutal tho I would have to say that your weathering looks a little fake...it's hard to acheive a good weathering effect with an airbrush if your not used to it....like me lol.
If your using water based paints it might be an idea to dab some watered down black on here and there (heavier in crevices and recesses) then buff it when it is dried....that way it will look worn and not just smudge and look like smudged paint lol.
I hope this helps.

wonderful job dude like the other guys said U nailed it man love that bio in dead end cause it has my fav two colors red and black they really stand out
great job again mate cant wait to see what you do in the future

Thanks guys.As for the weathering,oh well,it is good for me.Like I said it was my first airbrush job.I am happy with it.I suppose with experience though it will get better,but hey gotta crawl before you can walk, and then eventually run,lol

Thanks Daren

Thanks guys.As for the weathering,oh well,it is good for me.Like I said it was my first airbrush job.I am happy with it.I suppose with experience though it will get better,but hey gotta crawl before you can walk, and then eventually run,lol

Thanks Daren

Dont take me the wrong way....for your first airbrush job it came out great.....I have only done a little airbrush work myself and probably wouldn't be able to do a better job with the airbrush......so you SHOULD be happy with it.

You sir have a really nice bio there! Big Red has always been one of my favorite fan Predators. His bio and your bio are exact twins. Nice work there bro!

That looks great for your first airbrush job. I know that airburshing is hard at first and you did great.

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for the nice words.It is definitely cool hearing that other fans think my first air brush job is well done.It definitely is a motivation booster.Don't get me wrong ,I will not let it go to my head.If one thing there is that I have learned recently ,that is this,once you start to get cocky about whatever it is that you are doing,that is when you get a wake up call.So I am taking this attitude,keep learning and practicing often.

Thanks again guys,Daren

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back