UPDATED- hot toys "forgotten" predator

hellonearth

well, a few of you might've seen the custom bad blood predator in my "predator shelf" thread, and i said i was in the process of completely repainting it. well, it's finally finished, just finished the face last night and i thought i would show you guys, for those who care to look now as far as the name of my custom, i apologize if it's already been taken by any of you for anything, but theres a small story as to why he's called that that i can share later but for now i just wanted to explain a little bit about my journey through this paint up.

what i mean is i kinda took a very different, much more tedious and paint wasting, method of doing it. the acrylic paint that i mixed for the spot pattern was very useful as far as little effects like the little predator hairs that litter a preds skin, or just giving that real layered look of the different textures of some of the rougher areas in their skin

with the hairs, and i wish i could show you but my camera is terrible, i took the paint brush, dipped it in the already hardening paint, and kinda dabbed it on paper surface and let each dab pull the paint to a point a little more each time and then finally just touched it to the surface of the figure and it created this real cool effect of individual little hairs and let em dry and they stay really well i'll try to take a couple pics to show exactly what i mean but here are the pics i have

here he is in all his "thank god you're done painting that ******* thing"-[sub]jessica parks[/sub] glory :D

P1180381.jpg

P1180398.jpg

P1180376.jpg

P1180364.jpg

P1180378.jpg

P1160360.jpg

here the face wasn't totally painted yet but it's the only shot of the top of the head...
P1160349.jpg

now a couple with the bio...

P1160388.jpg

P1160380.jpg

P1160385.jpg

P1160369.jpg

well there he is, hope you guys like it! i know the spot pattern of the crown isn't the most intricate of ideas but it was my first attempt to paint a predator face/head i worked my ass off on this thing for a few weeks now, and as i said i'm glad to be done with it! i mean not "done" im sure theirs a few things ill touch up, i haven't even messed with the armor since i painted the body, but my wife has been gettin pissed so i had to wrap it up :D

please comments are very welcome and encouraged thanks for lookin' guys and girls!!

P1180381.jpg

P1180398.jpg

P1180376.jpg

P1180364.jpg

P1180378.jpg

P1160360.jpg

P1160349.jpg

P1160388.jpg

P1160380.jpg

P1160385.jpg

P1160369.jpg

The previous look before suited it and so does this 1 but wow what a paint up! You really go all out on your paint ups and the detailing is incredible. Well worth the weeks of hard work my friend

Really great work, I am glad to see how awesome it turned out. It shows that you really put in some meticulous time and effort into this little guy. I really like the orange glow of the skin tone as well as the custom armor parts you included. Did those come from another kit? Did you make them yourself? If you squint in some of your photos it almost looks like a costume. Sorry about the wife, but so it goes... personal projects can sometimes cause the women in our lives to become aggravated. But, great job seriously, you did what I always wanted to do with a custom hot toy predator.

He looks mega-awersome !!! Real bad a$$ !!!
I like your style man.
I liked the green one as well.
Predatormovieanimation.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding custom and brilliant paint up! ;)
That would make a killer suit
Simple pattern on the head but very effictive.
Sortta like a human serial killer, doesn't stand out but than BAM!
Great work

damn, thanks so much guys! i really put my heart into that one

and for shoulder cannon laying down? do you have the elder's version of the P1 shoulder armor or something? (no electronics, and yes that cannon was not designed to lay down like the one that later came with the P1 predator) hope that answers your question buddy!

thanks again guys i'm glad some of you can appreciate it

WoW that looks amazing, Could you tell me what kind of colors did you use for this?
some colors would be white, deep yellow(it's a very pale yellow), orange(mixed with some brown to bring down the intensity, the pics actually have an effect on them that slightly brightens everything due to my camera being terrible, i believe the second to last pic doesn't have this effect on it) burnt umber(a brown with a deep purplish or reddish hue, important),uh...you know some silver(with a touch of black) all acrylics also had an airbrush obviously hope that helps buddy

Dude I love the paint job on the pred head. I wouldn't mind at all to have a full size head painted exactly like it. I'm thinking of doing this. lol cant keep my eyes of the pred lol. Love the custom man....

well guys, this is something i had planned on doing since i decided to buy P1 armor for this custom (as in it comes with the electronics for the P1 bio) also i purchased an extra P1 bio to go with the electronics in the back piece. and for a while now the plan was to transfer the housing and light system to another bio of the same scale for this custom (namely the "gort" bio) and for months now i've been intimidated by the task until recently and i'm pleased to say the transfer was successful!!! so i thought i 'd take a few pictures and include my tiny little achievement in this thread i'm really quite proud of how well i blended the two strangers, i haven't repainted the bio yet but here it is in it's one-of-a-kind-ness...

so the question before this answer would be " WHAT IF THE GORT BIO HAD A TRADITIONAL TRI-LASER?"

and the answer is...

this
P2050455.jpg

P2050429.jpg

P2050430.jpg

P2050435.jpg

P2050444.jpg

P2050453.jpg

P2040402.jpg

so anyway, i hope this isn't sacrilegious to anyone, trust me i totally love the gort bio the way it was! it's my favorite in fact, but i just wanted to put a little spark in my custom :eek: hope you guys like it! and if anyone has any questions about how i did this i'd be happy to answer, sorry i hardly ever think about taking pics of the different steps at the time, or there would be some. THANKS GUYS!!

P2050455.jpg

P2050429.jpg

P2050430.jpg

P2050435.jpg

P2050444.jpg

P2050453.jpg

P2040402.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back