Update on the Polar Lights Refit 2-17-06 PICS!!!!

You raise some very good questions and I will answer them as best I can. The reason people are going dark is because:

A ) They don't know better
B ) They don't care and are using colors they like (Good For Them :) )
C ) You are looking at an unfinished product.

I consider my paint sheme to be in the C Category. My deflector is not finished. It has had no clear coat added, nor a dull coat which will mute the colors somewhat.

More importantly, I have yet to assemble the deflector area to the main hull. This means I have not filled seam lines etc.... It also means that until my ship is complete I cannot determine how much I need to mute my colors with a light misting of the base coat. Which I plan to do.

Subtle is in the eye of the beholder. :)

I hope this answers your questions.

JDH

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem@Feb 8 2006, 06:53 PM
Is it just me, or is everyone painting their engineering/deflector housing section much too dark?  What happened to the subtle variations of tone and hints of color that made the enterprise refit so beautiful?

Observe...

md_enta-34.jpg

md_enta-31.jpg

[snapback]1179362[/snapback]​

Looks great, 1 critique though if I may... You mght want to dim the outer shuttle lights. The way it is you are in danger of looking too christmas tree like ;) Other then that its look pretty darn spectacular ;)

Jedi Dade

So, I take it you're starting your own production company, and are going to use this for your filming model? Ok, if not, then, it SHOULD be. Really gorgeous, insane amounts of detail work so far--can't wait to see the finished product. You'd kill them at Wonderfest in Louisville.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back