Update on the Polar Lights Refit 2-17-06 PICS!!!!

Awesome job on the dish. Just be careful with all the models you're building. You're bound to end up with an X-Wing with warp nacelles or an Enterprise with working S-Foils. :)

Sean

haha too true there. This model is challenging me for sure. It is just so fracking big. The deflector area is by far the most challenging thing on the model so far. I want it to be accurate but there are no really clear COLOR pictures of the refit from TMP.

There are really good pics of the 1701-A but not of the first movie. I custom mixed colors for my deflector area and for the "strong back" which is the markings on the engineering section where the nacelle struts connect.

The colors are really my own interpretation and when I do the -A it should be a breeze for me as color pictures are everywhere.

I appreciate all the compliments so far. Lets just hope I can keep this going.

Greg

Originally posted by masterjedi322@Jan 6 2006, 05:19 PM
Awesome job on the dish. Just be careful with all the models you're building. You're bound to end up with an X-Wing with warp nacelles or an Enterprise with working S-Foils. :)

Sean
[snapback]1152615[/snapback]​

Here are some pics of the finished defector area. Some minor touch ups here and there but this is pretty much it.

refit036.jpg

refit037.jpg

Last edited:
Added an update and a tutorial for the Deflector Dish

some pics but more on the site including the tutorial

refit038.jpg

refit039.jpg

Last edited:
Originally posted by Master Propmaker@Jan 20 2006, 01:11 AM
You do some of the best work I've ever seen...and I've worked in modelshops all over Los Angeles.  :)
[snapback]1163510[/snapback]​

WoW thanks for the compliment :$ I still have a long way to go to come close to most of the people around here though.

greg

Awesome work on the PL model. I had been meaning to pick up the kit , but never got around to it. Since someone mentioned PL is out of business I just picked up a kit on Ebay while I still could get one. I may not build it anytime soon, but I figure it'll be there in the future when I'm ready. ;)

Is it just me, or is everyone painting their engineering/deflector housing section much too dark? What happened to the subtle variations of tone and hints of color that made the enterprise refit so beautiful?

Observe...

md_enta-34.jpg
md_enta-31.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back