Update on the Polar Lights Refit 2-17-06 PICS!!!!

masterjedi322

Sr Member
Awesome job on the dish. Just be careful with all the models you're building. You're bound to end up with an X-Wing with warp nacelles or an Enterprise with working S-Foils. :)

Sean

Watson

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
haha too true there. This model is challenging me for sure. It is just so fracking big. The deflector area is by far the most challenging thing on the model so far. I want it to be accurate but there are no really clear COLOR pictures of the refit from TMP.

There are really good pics of the 1701-A but not of the first movie. I custom mixed colors for my deflector area and for the "strong back" which is the markings on the engineering section where the nacelle struts connect.

The colors are really my own interpretation and when I do the -A it should be a breeze for me as color pictures are everywhere.

I appreciate all the compliments so far. Lets just hope I can keep this going.

Greg

Originally posted by masterjedi322@Jan 6 2006, 05:19 PM
Awesome job on the dish. Just be careful with all the models you're building. You're bound to end up with an X-Wing with warp nacelles or an Enterprise with working S-Foils. :)

Sean
[snapback]1152615[/snapback]​

Watson

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Here are some pics of the finished defector area. Some minor touch ups here and there but this is pretty much it.

Last edited:

Watson

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Added an update and a tutorial for the Deflector Dish

some pics but more on the site including the tutorial

Last edited:

Watson

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update today 1-17-06 Pics are not up at my site yet

Last edited:

Watson

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Originally posted by Master Propmaker@Jan 20 2006, 01:11 AM
You do some of the best work I've ever seen...and I've worked in modelshops all over Los Angeles.  :)
[snapback]1163510[/snapback]​
WoW thanks for the compliment :$ I still have a long way to go to come close to most of the people around here though.

greg

Watson

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update today 1-25-06

Couple of pictures, more on my site"

Last edited:

yodakiller1138

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Awesome work on the PL model. I had been meaning to pick up the kit , but never got around to it. Since someone mentioned PL is out of business I just picked up a kit on Ebay while I still could get one. I may not build it anytime soon, but I figure it'll be there in the future when I'm ready. ;)

GeneralMayhem

Sr Member
Is it just me, or is everyone painting their engineering/deflector housing section much too dark? What happened to the subtle variations of tone and hints of color that made the enterprise refit so beautiful?

Observe...