UPDATE: My first FOUR props this year :)

Was it hard to upgrade teh macros? I have a set from gary as well. and even though I am fairly new I know what the blaster is........and have wanted one for a long time. is it resin or from an original?

Brad

Originally posted by OdiWan72@Jan 10 2006, 06:32 PM
Preview.... :)

DSC00365.JPG

Markus
[snapback]1155400[/snapback]​

Whatever it is I'm sure its got nothing to do with Bespin + Namrod=

Not to mention a certain 1/32 scale model kit by Revell ;)

Originally posted by spinner 44+Jan 10 2006, 10:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(spinner 44 @ Jan 10 2006, 10:53 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-OdiWan72
@Jan 10 2006, 06:32 PM
Preview.... :)

Markus
[snapback]1155400[/snapback]​

Whatever it is I'm sure its got nothing to do with Bespin + Namrod=
[snapback]1155645[/snapback]​
[/b]

Seems like you guys did your homework ;)

ESB+NEMROD+Bespin sounds correct :D
Right now the paint is drying and I still have to paint the dark grey grips...but it won´t be done until thursday :unsure

Upgrading the Macros was a PARTIAL pain in the a**.
Adding the real lenses, building the new black-box and the viewer box with the added new viewer was fun. Wiring the electronics and putting it all together plus attaching the new viewer box to the Eumig was kind of frustrating, since so much went wrong :cry

I HAD TO put down the Macros for two weeks, because I´ve been pretty pissed by this project :lol Kurtyboy and ManfromNaboo know about my "problems" :rolleyes

Markus

since you made it look so easy...and you are a pro at it now, How bout I send you mine and you send me yours.....I am sure you LOVE to do it all over again :p

brad

Sent them to HD...he loves the smell of fresh solder in the morning :lol

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully you´ll like my next prop(s) as much as I do ;)

Stay tuned

Markus

Markus,
Your 'preview' looks good. Can't wait to see the finished pics. I know you've been working on that one for a loooooong time. I think that was in your "to do" pile when I was at your house, wasn't it?
Eric

Hey Eric, you remember correctly.

It was one of the blasters, that hung on my wall, already cut down with a couple of primer coats on :)
I believe you also saw the Naboo CR2 (calico) in its early states, right?

Silver paint is still tacky...seems like the softener from the plastic is causing a longer dry-time.

Markus

Still not finished...grey paint has to be added as well as the red detailing.
The square knob is just a spaceholder until I find a more accurate one.

PLUS I just realized that I screwed BIG times :cry
Who can spot the mistake I made?

I´m sooo pissed :angry...anyway

DSC00366.JPG

DSC00367.JPG

DSC00368.JPG

DSC00369.JPG

DSC00370.JPG

DSC00371.JPG

Thanks WC :)

Markus

I'm not sure what the screw up is. Is it the nut on the back end which should be a threaded rod?

BTW - These guns aren't silver. They're actually a medium grey metallic, pretty dark but they show up silver under studio lights. There's actually no black paint on them either.
Grips, trigger and a few details are all a dark grey. The safety wasn't grey on the real one I examined either (there was just some grey in the recessed areas of the "S" side).

Nice looking blaster. One of these days maybe I'll convert mine.

o.k. Chris...you got me :lol
I´m going to repaint it, once I found a matching color.
But I´ll leave the front section machined -unpainted- aluminium...I like it better :D

I have to disagree on the trigger and safety being not black (at least on the hero).
They repainted the RESIN blasters and obviously only used two colors...the dark silver grey and the anthrazit for the trigger, safety and grip-section (plus red detailing).

BUT the real Nemrod already has a black trigger and safety...why overpaint them?
Have we ever seen a HERO Bespin blaster to reconfirm a dark grey trigger and switch?

BTW: I found out that the prop dept. must have added something OVER/ONTO the original barrel. Compare my real converted speargun with a resin stunt...their barrel is thicker and the gears, maybe even the muzzle seem to be part of the whole assembly they put over the guns original alu barrel.

What do you think?

Markus

P.s: Here´s my mistake...

I FLIPPED the safety switch *AAaaaaaaaaaAAARGH*.
I test fitted the parts 20-30 times before I finally masked the switch and glued/puttied the whole combo together. :cry

I'm not sure there was a Hero.
Obviously there was a master that they cast, but who knows if it was finished/used.
I took detailed paint notes when I examined Steve Sansweet's original.
There were four colors: metallic grey body, dark grey trigger and grip (and some details), red and orange (one dot on that rear piece with the 4 knubs on it).
I noticed the tiny paint details vary a little by comparing Steve's with the one that has been in official exhibits.

It's actually very hard to tell the metallic grey of the body from the dark grey of the grip/trigger in regular room light. I had to look really close to see what small details were dark grey.
Plastikote makes a pretty close match for the body color - 1004 Medium Grey Metallic.

Without seeing a Hero blaster I think leaving the black trigger and safety might be a good idea just because if they still work you could scrape the paint if you used them.

Markus,

GREAT JOB on your Macros prop... :)

Glad I could help you with the original parts.

I also like the Seagull 4-A TLR camera knob..... it looks VERY close to me. Close enough, in fact, to have pushed me to find one, too. ;)

The Macros prop has always been one of my favorite props from Star Wars. The original prop makers put it together in a way to make it actually look like a real functional piece.

Again, great job.

- Jim :fettrotj

Markus,
Wow. I finally had time to look at the new pics of the Relby. . . awesome. Did you have that muzzle custom machined? I don't remember if you had that piece before.

So how many blasters are still in your "to do" pile now? Is it under 100 yet?? :lol

Eric

Originally posted by THX1138@Jan 14 2006, 10:53 PM
I also like the Seagull 4-A TLR camera knob..... it looks VERY close to me.        Close enough, in fact, to have pushed me to find one, too.      ;)
[snapback]1159218[/snapback]​

Considering the other larger knob from the Seagull (which is very distinct) is on the ANH stunt macros I'm positive this must be the large hero Macro knob. I think Killdozer finished this knob perfectly.

Hi all, I JUST "finished" my newest addition to my evergrowing blaster-family.

The Fett ESB EE-3 :D

Right now the paint is drying, so be prepared to see some pics within the next hours.

Next will be the finishing touches on my Jawa Ion blaster. MAYBE I´ll be able to post pics tomorrow ;)

Markus

Here we go:

HS bronze Webley with wooden stock
Real scope with correct mounts
Flash-tube (soon to be replaced by MPP-replica)
Scratch built clamps and scope mounting blocks
Real V8 kit details
Leather sling
Scratch built stock details
Still waiting for the split-plugs

Feel free to comment my recent blaster familiy member(s) ;)

fett1_1.jpg

DSC00391.JPG

DSC00392.JPG

DSC00393.JPG

DSC00394.JPG

DSC00395.JPG

Markus

Thanks AGAIN WC for pic-hsoting :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back