UPDATE Hand made Boots and Gloves by Me

sp1derman

Sr Member
Screenshot_2015-06-29-01-33-12.pngScreenshot_2015-06-29-01-33-39.pngDSC_0007.JPGScreenshot_2015-06-29-01-33-01.png_20150629_005013.JPGScreenshot_2015-06-12-17-36-49.pngScreenshot_2015-06-29-01-32-42.png_20150629_004830.JPGHi guys I'm having issues with not being able to write large messages and having pictures so please don't get annoyed if each post I do takes up 3 posts

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 186
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_20150629_182241.JPG
    IMG_20150629_182241.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0655.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 164
  • DSC_0656.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Re: Judgment Time - Dredd semi budget build

There is something majorly up with my Android and it's stopping me loading up all the build pictures so far so for now I'll describe where I'm at and try to get to a computer in a day or 2 to upload it all.

Purchases

Ebay helmet - (not sure of original maker it was apparently a screen cast I got it cheap due to a tiny chip on the top. Came with an opaque visor and no lining if anyone knows it's origin please let me know) this was meant to be a birthday present so I've only had 15 minutes with it I removes the visor and bought a welding visor grade 5. It was huge I had to cut it with scissors and sanded it for about 2 hours to get a clean line. I then attached it with velcro. The liner current,y is a piece of yoga mat at the sides if I put any on the top the X sits on my forehead.

Studio creations armour - I masked all the edges of and used a biro to mark all the drill points however I didn't have a drill handy but my rotary tool had a 1mm metal grinder which did the job perfect I manged to do Al the holes on every piece in 2 hours. Currently awaiting my goldfinger paint in the post.

Lawgiver and badge - ordered from etsy have not received yet

Buckel - from bawz props have not received yet

Generic items

I found a womens mesh jacket for £9 that looks identical to the material used and it meant I didn't have to sew the zip ( I don't own a machine so all my sewing is done by hand) I printed the pattern from studio creations and adjusted the front slightly as it was too big on my slim frame. I am currently adding the piping in real suede -note I am cheating on the attachment as I don't own a machine I sew the first part of each strip then fold over and glue it it looks incredibly clean and far better then if I tried to sew by hand.
Trousers- got some women motorcycle trousers from ebay for £10 heavily used so nice and weathered. They have ribbing on the knees and perforation behind they do the job till I have the budget for leather next suit.

Jacket - already owned its a cafe racer looks very good under the armour (you can see the top of it in my picture)

Snap belt - cheap leather belt from ebay

Boots (still working on this)

Holster have plans for the materials

Have used foamies for the belt accessories for now, also used foamies on and old pair of knee and elbow pads.

Neck roll (work in progress one in picture was a basic mock up I made to test fit the helmet 30 min job) the second neck roll whilst not perfect is what I will be using for now its a peforted cloth to clean cars, ribbed foam, synthetic leath and leather trip still nees to add straps and fix the front so that both sides match

Gloves - bought really cheap pair of gloves and have added the leather lines he has ontop am working on the knuckle bits and gauntlets (have a spare Xperia s I will use as the control com)

Belt accessories haven't decided how I will do these be it make myself or shop online

Also working on comic/film hybrid for my misses and a mini judge for my daughter

Last edited:
Re: Judgment Time - Dredd semi budget build

Have attached more pics to the first post

I will also be making a short tutorial video showing you what to do with studio creations armour for anyone who buys it

Last edited:
Re: Negotiations are over... Its finaly time for a Dredd build

Got my goldfinger paint and started painting the shoulders also picked up a new book today

DSC_0015.JPG

Re: Pretty accurate dredd gloves for £5 #9 Dredd build

are you gonna "dirty up" your costume to give it the film look

are you gonna "dirty up" your costume to give it the film look
Not sure the jacket is my everyday jacket so don't want to dirty that up and I think it will look weird having an immaculate jacket and everything else dirty

if you wanted you could use bone dry earth to give it a dirty/worn look but not apply a sealant afterwards that way you could wash it off afterwards and clean/polish the jacket with no harm to it

if you wanted you could use bone dry earth to give it a dirty/worn look but not apply a sealant afterwards that way you could wash it off afterwards and clean/polish the jacket with no harm to it
Maybe for a con but I wear my jacket daily I'm hoping to find one on ebay or charity shop as I want to permanently attatch my pads and have a full suit still got quite a bit of work on the vest though before I can consider it

I was thinking on the day I wear it for a con, covering myself in talcum powder to dirty it all up

good idea then you can wash it off with no harm, just make sure it baby powder not a gift set one or your smell like a blue rinse nan pmsl :lol

Nah my house is stocked with the stuff as I still have a little one lol

Nice looking build. My little ones just requested Dredd helmets of their own and I am not even done building mine yet.

Attachments

• DSC_0129.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 120
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back