Service UPDATE 1ST POST: Dye sub suit sewing services U.K. and Europe

kenobibale

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone, so i am thinking of starting to offer to sew dye sub suits, much like the awesomely talented trophywife. I feel some of us in the U.K. and Europe are at a bit of a loss when it comes to getting these things sewn. When i took  my man of steel pattern to the local seamstress service in my town they looked at me with a look i can only describe as utter confusion. So i ended up sewning it and my Star Trek shirt myself and i think i did a pretty good job.

UPDATE:
the test suit sadly fell through. and too much time had passed so i want to get moving on this project because people will have cons and Halloween coming up so i want to get the run started. There will be 5 slots in each run. depending on turnover time bigger runs may be available.
The first run will be at a reduced price to get things started
Standard suit with rear center zipper or "U" style £50 plus shipping
Puff painted suit with rear center zipper or "U" style £75 plus shipping

additional zippers such as mask or wrists etc £5 each

So now onto business:

The terms:
1. you must have a dye sub suit ready to ship to secure your place, first come first serve
2. you must supply all zips, two 22 inch INVISIBLE zips for the standard "U" style set up. And any additional zippers, for mask or wrists etc.
3. you must supply 2 spools of thread in a colour of your choice
4. please ensure the suit is accurately sized to fit you correctly. I am not responsible for incorrectly sized suits, i will sew them to the pattern.
5. i will sew the suit as per the pattern, if details like webbing do not line up on the pattern i am afraid there is not much i can do
6. i cannot attach shoe soles or eye frames
7. no refunds
8. 50% deposit required to secure your place on the run. the remaining balance to be paid once the suit is complete.

Run List
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

any questions feel free to p.m. me.

Last edited:
Re: Dye sub suit sewing services U.K. and Europe

This is great, I'm working on a Spidey suit and been looking for someone in the UK to sew it. You came at the perfect time. However I don't have it printed yet (not sure how long it takes to print) and by the time I get it I think someone will have taken you up on your free offer.

However I'll be patiently waiting for the start of your run :)

This is great, I'm working on a Spidey suit and been looking for someone in the UK to sew it. You came at the perfect time. However I don't have it printed yet (not sure how long it takes to print) and by the time I get it I think someone will have taken you up on your free offer.

However I'll be patiently waiting for the start of your run :)

shoot me a pm when you get it. so far the free offer is still open. but i will be happy to add you to the run if this gets up and running

could you tell us how much the sewing on the suits would be after if you start the run ??? please

I have a printed suit that my machine doesn't like sewing, I was tempted to throw it away. If you're still looking for something then let me know as this could be the perfect opportunity!

how much do you think you will charge for these? i have an asm2 costume nearly finished with the puff painting and will be looking for someone to sew it pretty soon

Haven't decided on price yet guys, will see how the test suit goes before that is decided but i will offer a few at lower cost during the first run to get more experience. i will keep you updated. will probably come up with a tier system depending on what features you want installed and the kind of suit it is, there are simpler patterns than spider-man so they will be easier sewn and thus cost less.

Test suit is on the way guys. keep an eye on the thread for progress pics. if this goes well i will be accepting suits very soon.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back