Upcoming Original Film, Looking for Production Help

The Armorer

Hello members of the RPF, this is my first thread so a little intro should be expected.

My name is Seth Lind, some may know me as Seth_Knight_of_New_Wales from the 405th. I'm the director and writer of an original feature length, not-for-profit (currently, unless there's we can find a sponsor) film. Now that that's out of the way here's to the point of this thread...

First off, this isn't spam, I'm just new and not used to this forum ,yet and since my question revolves around film, I thought it would be okay to post here, if not, redirect me, I'm just new here.

Secondly, the point of this thread is that I am looking for a production team or creature fx/cg teams/artists for a not-for-profit film I am the director of. The script is currently being wrote, but the ideas are solid. Operating in Indiana or Chicago would be a big plus.

It's an original film- not a fan film, with original props that will need to be made. I am looking for artists that would be interested, or people that would be nice enough to point me in the right direction to people who would be. You will be paid for your help, but things aren't ready yet for the production stage yet, so I am looking for people to contact when we are ready to begin the costume creation stage.

The basis of the film is about an agency that works to keep certain people with fantastic powers and creatures (that are deemed myth and lore in reality) from the knowledge of the general public. Although it's very similar to a comic book in story, it's planned to be very realistic, just with fantasy incorporated into it.

If you are interested, please send me a message to seth_montana*at*yahoo.com

And if you want to tell me I posted in a wrong forum, leave a comment below.

The Armorer/ Seth Lind

Last edited:
Re: Don't Know if this is the right place or not...

Not sure if this belongs here or in the OT but either way good luck to you! :thumbsup

This could really fall into a number of categories however a bump for good luck!

Thanks for the replies everybody. If you don't build props (...just saying lol) or if you don't live within the local, and if you know of any producers or any more info into the film industry in the area I'd be grateful for it.

The Armorer

Thanks for the replies everybody. If you don't build props (...just saying lol) or if you don't live within the local, and if you know of any producers or any more info into the film industry in the area I'd be grateful for it.

The Armorer

I'm in Toronto. Otherwise I'd help you out. Too many projects of my own! :lol

Wish I could help just to say, "Yeah, I worked on that movie."

Yeah, there's one thing I've been asking myself. Why aren't people making their own original films? Does anybody know? I haven't found any original film ideas that aren't from Hollywood. Thoughts?

Yeah, and sort of a bump...

-The Armorer

Yeah, there's one thing I've been asking myself. Why aren't people making their own original films? Does anybody know? I haven't found any original film ideas that aren't from Hollywood. Thoughts?

PLENTY of people making original films. In today's market original is hard to get funding though, so you miss a lot of them due to low circulation. Go to a film festival and you'll see there's plenty out there. Hell, I have 7 directing credits but I guarantee you've never seen the films.

Is there a link you could put up? I'd actually like to see one.

-The Armorer.

Is there a link you could put up? I'd actually like to see one.

-The Armorer.

They aren't online. 6 of them were shot on film and only did the festival circuit, last one was HD and did the same. I have tapes in a box somewhere, if I find them I'll upload them to Vimeo or something.

That's okay, I just assumed since it's what everyone does now, if you ever get around to putting them up, send me a link.

(and yes I realized this could be a bump, but it's a bump with a purpose! LOL)

-The Armorer

Agreed. The Milwaukee Film Fest is coming up and there are TONS of original films. Remember, for every film that doesn't make it into a film fest, there are probably four that were aspiring, and TONS more that just didn't make it out there.

You might want to [strike]cross[/strike] post a WTB thread in the JY for specific commissions you have in mind, while this is where "movie" type threads go, folks looking to do work and offering work are found in the JY.

Last edited:

You might want to cross post a WTB thread in the JY for specific commissions you have in mind, while this is where "movie" type threads go, folks looking to do work and offering work are found in the JY.

True, but crossposting and linking to JY threads is not wanted either, since it´s "soliciting outside of the JY" last I looked ;)

The thread title could use some work, too, since it does not actually tell people what´s going on in here.

While I am not in the midwest I might be able to help in some way. I did the title graphic for a short film earlier this year, for instance.

DfN: Armorer would be OK to post WTBs in the JY, though, no? if it's not crossposted to here?

I'd suggest changing the name of this thread to "making a film and looking for help" or something in that regard.

if its just for VFX, editing and stuff,i can help with that ;) no need to be on location for that ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back