Upcoming ANH Jabba the Hutt scene redesign

Hey everyone! This is a project I've been working on for a long time, and although it's not finished, (not by a longshot) I think it's time to reveal it to the public for all to see! Unfortunately I don't have much to show at the moment, but here we go. First some comparison pics for good measure.
here's what I've got.

Both of the CGI versions of Jabba the Hutt for that scene:
View attachment 1284094

the CGI Jabba for the phantom menace:
View attachment 1284095

The Original puppet:
View attachment 1284096

And finally, my model!
View attachment 1284097View attachment 1284098

I would love to know your opinions! And absolutely love some constructive criticism!
Badass, keep it up frogfreak!

Holy hell this is great! Your jabba looks so much closer! Congratulations!

Can I put in a special request...it has always been my opinion that Han walking over Jabba's tail was so incredibly awkward and unecessary...if you do eventually finish the scene, it would be much cleaner in my opinion to just have him walk around behind Jabba as if the tail were not there.

Technically it's not correct, but it's just such an awkward non human like motion that happens, that I think it makes an otherwise cool addition to the movie incredibly awkward and jarring.

Holy hell this is great! Your jabba looks so much closer! Congratulations!

Can I put in a special request...it has always been my opinion that Han walking over Jabba's tail was so incredibly awkward and unecessary...if you do eventually finish the scene, it would be much cleaner in my opinion to just have him walk around behind Jabba as if the tail were not there.

Technically it's not correct, but it's just such an awkward non human like motion that happens, that I think it makes an otherwise cool addition to the movie incredibly awkward and jarring.
First off, Thank you so much for the compliments!
Second, i've been considering doing either that, or slipping in a quick CGI Han replacement just for when he steps on the tail so i can make it more authentic and natural looking.

I may try to use a model of Harrison Ford I saw on thingiverse. I hope to make it more lifelike. And make it work.
(IGNORE THE HAIR)
han.png

I must give credit for the model, model is by TOSHI-TNE

Last edited:
First off, Thank you so much for the compliments!
Second, i've been considering doing either that, or slipping in a quick CGI Han replacement just for when he steps on the tail so i can make it more authentic and natural looking.

i've been working on a Harrison Ford/Han Solo 3D Likeness for that reason:
(IGNORE THE HAIR)
View attachment 1285123
Yeah, that's an awesome Han model too!...but even still...a human being wouldn't be able to just step up onto and over a fatty worm tail that would likely move and wiggle without falling on their ass. besides that...it's a huge and wide tail and it would be more like a straddle slide over than step walk over...Anyway. I'm not trying to side track the conversation, but it's just been something in my head for a long time, and now that I see a chance to insert my vision, you better believe I'm going to at least put it out there.

Yeah, that's an awesome Han model too!...but even still...a human being wouldn't be able to just step up onto and over a fatty worm tail that would likely move and wiggle without falling on their ass. besides that...it's a huge and wide tail and it would be more like a straddle slide over than step walk over...Anyway. I'm not trying to side track the conversation, but it's just been something in my head for a long time, and now that I see a chance to insert my vision, you better believe I'm going to at least put it out there.
I don't know. Perhaps in an attempt to make everyone happy, I could two versions of the scene! One where he steps on the tail, and one where he either steps over or around the tail. Does that sound good?

LOL, no...you do what you feel is best, it's your project. I am just being silly mostly...mostly.
I don't know what's best. I feel like I should do two versions. I feel like this would make both sides happy! And that's what I want to do, make one (or two) that the general public will be happy with.:)

Thank you! I take that as a huge compliment!

And Thank you everyone! This is the most support I've ever gotten for a project, and I really appreciate it!
I don't know what's best. I feel like I should do two versions. I feel like this would make both sides happy! And that's what I want to do, make one (or two) that the general public will be happy with.:)
Do whatever you think works and makes you feel happy, I’m still impressed with your art and talent and I’ll support you no matter what you pick! Cheers Man!

Much better, I think the eyes could be larger although I kind of like the TPM Jabba look.
Ok! This is still a w.i.p. Things are still changing. I'm still making adjustments.

Also Did i you mean you like the look of jabba in the phantom menace, or do you think mine looks like the phantom menace one?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back