Unsolved Star Wars Prop Mysteries

My current mystery is the front end assembly on Chewie's bowcaster.

I'm not sure it was a found item, but looking at the available reference I'm stumped as to how it was even constructed.

Originally posted by oldken@Feb 7 2006, 07:03 PM
im with trallis.

the holy grail of unidentified props has got to be the space trooper pack...

hell we dont even know what it looks like for Gods sake.
[snapback]1178392[/snapback]​

SpaceTroopers.jpg

:cheers,

Thomas

Originally posted by PHArchivist@Feb 7 2006, 06:44 PM
Whether or not Carrie Fisher was wearing panties during the Endor Ewok tree house scenes...
[snapback]1178595[/snapback]​

Wha? Why? I mean, I want to know too, but...wha?.

;)

I'd like to know
.. RFT vest, what type??
2. What exact type of rifle the Tusken points at the Land speeder in anh??
3. Fetts Side arm from ESB???

I've really tried hard to find that one as well, to no avail... :unsure
Originally posted by deralis@Feb 8 2006, 09:47 AM
[snapback]1178785[/snapback]​
As well as:
- Snowtrooper tri-circle/clover belt buckle greeblie.
- AT-AT pilot/Ugnaught/Snowtrooper Cmdr com pad

Originally posted by kurtyboy+Feb 7 2006, 11:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kurtyboy @ Feb 7 2006, 11:07 PM)</div>
Whatever it is, its upside down. That would be the side we never see in 'real life'.

Must be from something electrical or electronic. Maybe light bulbs went through those holes.

<!--QuoteBegin-division 6
@Feb 7 2006, 09:55 PM
Fett ESB flamer would be nice.

This is what I still want IDed,
pack_detail_box.jpg

D6
[snapback]1178331[/snapback]​
[snapback]1178395[/snapback]​
[/b]

I think that this part is a headlight housing. Iv'e been looking at it for some time now and my original therory was a motor part but now I believe it is from the light assembly of a vehicle. Here are some examples of others I have seen recently. The screw holes on the side hold it to the front end of the vehicle. The hole in the middle is for the headlight bulb, the smaller ones possibly turn signal and bright light bulb. The clips hold the bulb assembly in place. More imput please.

Jedidad

ass1.jpg

ass3.jpg

ass2.jpg

Originally posted by Lupus Yonderboy+Feb 8 2006, 08:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lupus Yonderboy @ Feb 8 2006, 08:19 PM)</div>
I've really tried hard to find that one as well, to no avail...  :unsure <!--QuoteBegin-deralis
@Feb 8 2006, 09:47 AM
[snapback]1178785[/snapback]​
As well as:
- Snowtrooper tri-circle/clover belt buckle greeblie.
- AT-AT pilot/Ugnaught/Snowtrooper Cmdr com pad
[snapback]1179107[/snapback]​
[/b]

The snowtrooper belt part is probably an electronic part. Transistor cover or resistor cover. I have seen these before in electronic stores, just take the pic to one and they will tell you what it is. Reminds me of something I say in an old am radio I had as a kid. You know the kind you put on our bikes as kids with rubber bands on the handle bars. In the later 60's for those to young to remember.

Jedidad

Hrm...Let's see...

I would like to know the color, make, and brand name of every single paint used on all the hockey masks from Friday the 13th Part 3-D all the way to Jason Takes Manhattan. That would be really nice. I already know a couple of them. I'd also like to know who owns the original Part 3 hero hockey mask. Whoever it is, he certainly keeps himself hidden quite well.

As far as The Shredder goes, I'd like to know:

A.) what kind of material The Shredder's huge, elaborate cape that he wore in the first two TMNT films was fashioned from.
B.) what his red and purple costumes were made of. That has to be the weirdest material I have ever seen on film, besides the "Scream" killer's robes.
C.) how his helmet, mask, and armor were created, and if they involved any real metal parts, or simply molds and resin.

Ryan

More likely to be a tail light because of the three bulbs.

I'm no car expert but don't headlights have two bulbs? Modern cars have the indicator lamp in the headlight casing but older cars had them seperate, right?

Originally posted by jedidad+Feb 8 2006, 10:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedidad @ Feb 8 2006, 10:11 PM)</div>
Originally posted by kurtyboy@Feb 7 2006, 11:07 PM
Whatever it is, its upside down. That would be the side we never see in 'real life'.

Must be from something electrical or electronic. Maybe light bulbs went through those holes.

<!--QuoteBegin-division 6
@Feb 7 2006, 09:55 PM
Fett ESB flamer would be nice.

This is what I still want IDed,
pack_detail_box.jpg

D6
[snapback]1178331[/snapback]​

[snapback]1178395[/snapback]​

I think that this part is a headlight housing. Iv'e been looking at it for some time now and my original therory was a motor part but now I believe it is from the light assembly of a vehicle. Here are some examples of others I have seen recently. The screw holes on the side hold it to the front end of the vehicle. The hole in the middle is for the headlight bulb, the smaller ones possibly turn signal and bright light bulb. The clips hold the bulb assembly in place. More imput please.

Jedidad

[snapback]1179225[/snapback]​
[/b]

All the parts holding the scope on top of the ESB EE-3. Of course minus the "Molex connectors" thanks to an outstanding identification from 'steveday' some time ago.

Oh and as long as we're "wanting" ,how's about a GOOD set of closeup ESB Boba Fett photos to get a nice look at the weathering pattern in exacting detail :cry

Also the left gauntlet "rocket" on Fett.....also the exact model "probable" speargun used for the ESB sidearm. Also where the "original" grappling rocket came from...the one with the expanding fins. Also where the darned RANGEFINDER came from :confused

Yeah,....that's about it :lol

Steve

Originally posted by jedidad@Feb 8 2006, 11:17 PM
The snowtrooper belt part is probably an electronic part. Transistor cover or resistor cover. I have seen these before in electronic stores, just take the pic to one and they will tell you what it is...
[snapback]1179231[/snapback]​
You're probably right.
Question is which 'electronic part' exactly :lol
And yes, I've shown the pic to more electronics people than I can remember...

The T-bit would be nice to know as well...

/Pontus

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back