Unsolved Star Wars Prop Mysteries

Here is a pic of Luke's droid caller (courtesy of ------- The Parts of Star Wars --------). I am pretty sure that the domes are opaque.

attachment.php

It looks like a lid from a steel kettle or something,and had a 'skirt' on the bottom? (pretty much like mushroom caps from sandtrooper's backpack but 'steeper'<--its that the correct word??:lol)

Sandtroopers backpack parts is still my main search.
Also a clear view(crystal clear:lol) for the Lewis gun ribbed part and where it come from
4044f95d.jpg

And how the heck did they make the weathering? (the paint and technique):lol

Well let's post items that still haven't been identified and I will create a first post for the thread that will contain a list of all of the items.

I'll start off with one that I have been trying to track down for years. :lol

The dome top on the droid caller.

lighted-droid-caller-real-kobold-flashgun-vid-page-2-dcd2.jpg-31705d1281569121

Although it looks like there's a hole in the top of it in this pic - that's actually the reflection of whatever is in front of it (probably the cameraman).

It's just a simple fairly shallow metal dome.
That one will be a tough piece to ID unless it's related to another prop part.

the sandtrooper radio is now identified and accurately replicated, too.

Last edited:
Although it looks like there's a hole in the top of it in this pic - that's actually the reflection of whatever is in front of it (probably the cameraman).

It's just a simple fairly shallow metal dome.
That one will be a tough piece to ID unless it's related to another prop part.

Thanks Chris- I've been trying to convince people of this for years! It never did look like a hole to me- just a reflection. That piece could have been just about anything- I used a metal measuring spoon for mine.

M

I always wanted to know what Han Solo throws over to the barkeeper of the Cantina after he shot Greedo. I know that it is some money or a "credit", but what was really used during production? To me it seems too big for being a coin. Has anyone any idea or HD pictures of the shot when the barkeeper grabs it (I know it´s even hard to see)?

Funnily enough I just got an old Michell turntable that contains greeblies from the Vader reveal, Boba fett, Tie helmet amongst others.....and an old Telefunken Reel to Reel tape player for the Vader belt box mesh......my living room has gone back in time as far as hi-fi equipment is concerned...:lol

Thanks sskunky

Didn't know about the Telefunken thing - nice example in Google images too.
Shame I don't have the money to buy the piece I saw...

Anson

I always wanted to know what Han Solo throws over to the barkeeper of the Cantina after he shot Greedo. I know that it is some money or a "credit", but what was really used during production? To me it seems too big for being a coin. Has anyone any idea or HD pictures of the shot when the barkeeper grabs it (I know it´s even hard to see)?

i'd always assumed it was a bag with a few coins in it

Various bowcaster part. After all these years the best lead we have regarding the base crossbow is that it was something called a "Gunmark Crossbow" built by Bernard Horton of Horton Crossbows for the Single Point company, then later sold by a Single Point Inc exec under the brand Gunmark Crossbow. About 15,000 were produced. Probably none sold in the States, though.

Also would love to know the identity of the mysterious "Model 7" scope used on the bowcaster and the Evazan blaster.

The front end of the 'caster is also unknown.

The ID of large bandolier boxes for Chewie's OT bandolier.

So basically, Chewie stuff for me.

Actually they stopped making those parts in the 70's. And all the greeblies are gone and believe me they are already sick of getting calls/emails about them!

This might be common knowledge around here, and obviously a "solved" mystery, but it was news to me until recently... the notched Imperial disc greeblie is a part from a British high-end turntable. Still being made today...

The site might even be a place for other small greeblie finds...

J.A.Michell Engineering - Precision Audiophile Turntables - GyroDec Orbe TecnoDec Gyro SE

and believe me they are already sick of getting calls/emails about them!
Dare I ask if you know this by personal experience...? ;)

According to a thread on JRSforums, there have been recent queries and the reply from the company was reportedly that the discs were available for $50 each...

Guess I'm sticking to ET discs after all.

According to a thread on JRSforums, there have been recent queries and the reply from the company was reportedly that the discs were available for $50 each...

I purchased every one they had when I first found this part. Along with all the Fett gauntlet darts.
And yes, they are tired of being contacted.

I hadn't forget about you Kurtyboy!
Sorry man

As far as I know they ran out of accurate discs a long time ago. There are 3 or 4 different variations (different sizes and proportions). I got one from them awhile ago that's close, but not right.
Kenny's are closer. They're surprisingly accurate for not being directly measured from the real thing (only off by small fractions here and there).

I've been trying to ID the box on the exhaust port, located towards the top of the sand-troopers backpacks (between the Bottle and the shotgun shells).
web_2.jpg

Maybe this prop is already well known, but I couldn´t find any info about it:

The X-Wing flight joystick. I guess a real flight stick was used for it? And does anyone has some more reference pictures, especially from behind the scenes?

NecroPost, the ANH Han Solo grill/Comm thingy has been IDed, among a few other greeblies, anything else new?

It looks like a lid from a steel kettle or something,and had a 'skirt' on the bottom? (pretty much like mushroom caps from sandtrooper's backpack but 'steeper'<--its that the correct word??:lol)

Sandtroopers backpack parts is still my main search.
Also a clear view(crystal clear:lol) for the Lewis gun ribbed part and where it come from
4044f95d.jpg

And how the heck did they make the weathering? (the paint and technique):lol
alot of parts look like pvc pipes and flex pipe like this one (3 or 4 inches)
1z3s6sm.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back