Unseen Aliens vs Predator Concept Art!!

Guan Thwei

(NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT REPLY WITH PICTURES AS A QUOTE DUE TO LIMITED SPACE THANK YOU)
This is so wierd to have never seen these in any of the other concept art work by this artist by the name of Randy "RK" Post. rk has contracted and work through White Wolf, WizKids, Fanpro, Microsoft (Mythica, Xbox), LucasFilm, 20th Century Fox (Alien vs Predator), Sega (Dreamcast), Nintendo, Ballantine Books, Science Fiction Book Club, Hasbro (television and animation), Marvel Entertainment, DC Comics, Dark Horse Comics, the History Channel, and Blizzard Ent (Diablo 2, World of Warcraft). I just thought this would be a good time to look @ his work and cast opinions about what was drawn that never made it in the movie before it was released.
You can check out his Wiki biography here:
Randy Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I can see why conceptartists try to expand ideas with different styles, I hardly see them fit in the predator universe...

That being said: I like some of his ideas pretty much...

Although I can see why conceptartists try to expand ideas with different styles, I hardly see them fit in the predator universe...

That being said: I like some of his ideas pretty much...

I was just curious if he was hired by 20th Century Fox to illustrate on some ideas for AVP how come we never saw these when it got released? This is the first time I came acrossed any art other then what has been published by the two ADI books.

We fans don't have acces to the artvault of Fox, sadly... There's a shitload of graphical information stored on Fox' franchises, and it is only available to people who work on films. Nowadays, artists put up their art for films after some time, as part of their resume.

And let's be honest: the first picture is a rendition of the McFarlane Toys P2, with loads of stuff added to him. Cool, but not exactly what I meant with staying true to the source...

We fans don't have acces to the artvault of Fox, sadly... There's a shitload of graphical information stored on Fox' franchises, and it is only available to people who work on films. Nowadays, artists put up their art for films after some time, as part of their resume.

And let's be honest: the first picture is a rendition of the McFarlane Toys P2, with loads of stuff added to him. Cool, but not exactly what I meant with staying true to the source...
Got ya and yeah the Predaor is all P2 except the bio and some parts of his armor. I'm glad that they changed it for a new film.

Now if only we can get our Hands on the New Predators concept art that be awesome!
I'm dying to see the new Bios and Armor designs since its not ADI doing them (unless I'm wrong)

Edit:

I just did some research on IMDB Both Joseph C. Pepe and Michael Broom
are independent Concept artists who have credits on AVP and AVPR are on the Predators concept Design team. So although ADI is not involved some of the Original Artists that got hired to do Predator designs are involved so we can expect some design that will be similar to what we've already seen.

Joe Pepe did the final Armor/Weapon Designs on AVP's Blade & Net launcher Gauntlets and shoulder Cannon designs

Based on Michael Broom's Resume I wonder what he will be bringing to the table in regards to weapons and look of the Predator. It seems he did a lot more then Joseph on any of the AVP franchise. I will be crossing my fingers and lets hope he brings us something special for the fans here on the "Lair"

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back