Unnamed Bio Sculpt.

Usurper

well, i think i may need some help with this lol. My original intent was to show this when it was done, that was when i started it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay into last year. ( when i got my monstermakers clay)

as per usual i got distracted by other sculpts or other stuff, so i am actually fed up of dusting it instead of working on it. The bio its self is a concept bio they toyed with for the original P1 bio. And will be the ONLY none screen used bio i use on my weapon wall.

Original concept .

concept.jpg

As i had a old old pre me finding the lair icons cast , i decided to chop it up, i cut out both the tri laser and the hose attachments, as on the above bio they are opposite to the ones we normally see. I then glue a peice of foam to the snout, before realising it would make it stick out too far.
So after i cut that off i started adding clay to it , trying to straighten it out and make it alittle more symetrical than it was. i got to where it is now pretty quick, then stopped for some reason, as you can see i have only work on the right side of the bio.
I am still learning to work with this clay, and i am frankly not looking forward to trying to smooth it all lol. but i have worked far more on the left side ( looking at it ) and i want to get the right cheak to a similar point as the left before i go any further.
I am not convinced about the V on the crown, it could be just in the sketch or it could be part of the design, any thoughts?

also , part of me has to wonder, did they not use this bio because it ................ it looks like a Penis nose?

anyhoo, tips on bio sculpting would be awesome, so if you have any, feel free to throw them at me.

ooooh i did find my calipers today, so i guess they will help lol.

ub1.jpg

ub2.jpg

ub3.jpg

ub4.jpg

Oh and any ideas for a name?

I have to say PHALLUS immediately stuck out ......... see what i did there? stuck out ......huh? huh?

bleh. :D

If you look at the sketch the "V" is actually an opening with hair sticking out. I do believe at one point the pred was suppose to have a samurai style top knot.

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' timestamp='1335185234' post='340589']
If you look at the sketch the "V" is actually an opening with hair sticking out. I do believe at one point the pred was suppose to have a samurai style top knot.
[/quote]

And where did he grow hair from? he has dreads lol.

The dark hair looking thing i think could be some sort of bio attachment plume thing like the romans had, it is not near the V, it sits alittle further back if you look closer.

Great work Lee, good to see you tackle a bio.

The bio, for some reason, looks like it would fit with the boar and brother bio types of bios, but with a P1 flair to it. What about "The Hog Bio"?

I draw that bio yesterday from a stan winston sketch, nobody never said something about it, i posted it on my predator art page then you already sculpting it how ironic, but im glad your doing it, because i know its going to be badass when finished and i get to see you take a break from your predator heads :)

Hey lee, you will have to let us know how you like the monster clay. I got a little sample from monstermakers but i never tried it. I like the concept, i was thinking those holes can replace the holes in the bottom of the p1 jaw to let the condensation of your breath dribble out, so maybe it could be the dribbler! lol idk Would make it easier to breath in though...

I am actually struggling to feel anything pred related at present, party due to life at present, partly to do with members here ******* me over in trades, and constant empty promises ( im toying with unleashing a **** storm on here. ) partly to do with constantly being tired.

Corey, Monsterclay has great properties, it does not stick to any tools, does not leave a residue on your fingers etc, but i am not sure of the best way to smooth it, and i am going to have to look hard at symetry i guess.

As for the bios original film idea i am not sure, i thought it was P1 but i cannot find it in my winston effect book or any other books presently so i could very well be wrong.

Take a little break if you need one bud, we all do somtimes. Let us know when you find out about smoothing the monsterclay, im curious about this too. Good luck and dont let them get to you.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back