Unknown Star Wars "Sporting Blaster." Source/Reference Photos?

CommanderZel

Hey there, I'm a big fan of Star Wars and I have been for my entire life, but for some reason I've only just come across this blaster:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...blaster.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080401133726

I found this image in the Wookieepedia entry for "Sporting Blasters." I've done some searching, but I can't seem to find any appearances of this specific blaster. I think it looks fantastic and I'd love to find a build or something (because I'd like to build one for myself in the future) but I just can't seem to find anything. Anyone have a source or reference?

I know I've seen that before. I just looked through my reference on my PC and it's not there. It could either be in the Star Wars Chronicles or possibly the Behind the Magic CDROM (which I don't have installed right now).

It's one of the oddball ESB background blasters innit? Moffeaton posted LFL photos of many of them. Most probably didn't get Amy screen time.

The stock looks similar to this Lucasart's video game concept art of Jango's sniper rifle back in 02

Attachments

• starwars_bountyhunter_conceptart_BbXtp.jpg
    starwars_bountyhunter_conceptart_BbXtp.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 361
I'm sure Odiwan72 will be pleased to hear this!
Is there a particular reason for that? If he knows anything about the T-11, I might reach out to him. It's been a difficult firearm to research.

The stock looks similar to this Lucasart's video game concept art of Jango's sniper rifle back in 02
I also saw that in my research. It definitely looks like it's based on a similar concept.

1sportingblaster.jpg

I was wondering if the reason it has a stock different from it's usual weapon is because the weapon is not made to hold. Is that rounded section at the rear used to connect to a tripod or maybe an arm that is mounted in an aircraft? Just wondering, seems like a strange detail.

Yes, he's the blaster master so I'm sure he'll want to add this to the arsenal.

Is there a particular reason for that? If he knows anything about the T-11, I might reach out to him. It's been a difficult firearm to research.

I also saw that in my research. It definitely looks like it's based on a similar concept.

I'm surprised he doesn't already have two of them. OdiWan you're not living up to your reputation man! :lol: ;)

I really dig this blaster. I want to build one!

It look like a japaneese ww2 lmg type11

Except for the stock, the details just don't match up. Look at the magazine well, trigger guard, and that weird angle and dark spot on the forward part of the body right before the barrel.

I am wondering if the entire thing is cobbled together and that the main body is not a receiver of any type of weapon, they just stuck the some parts on to make it look as such.

Exactly what I was going to say. The stock is dead on, but the receiver is not right. I think you're right, it could be just some junk they stuck a trigger assembly on.

The main body is just weird. Especially the round section on the rear. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say the main section of that blaster was a droid leg.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back