Geek Central

I may not have grown up with this design for Spider-Man, but that wouldn't stop me from wanting to own the suit itself or just replicate it as best as I can. All I'm asking for is the suit pattern so I can have it printed and sewed by another company. If you somehow have the actual suit and want to sell it, then awesome! I want to preserve this suit for years to come since eventually it will fade into obscurity because of the modern Universal Spidey suit and movie accurate suits. If you have anything that can help me, let me know ASAP. Here are some photos of what I am talking about.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,384
  • 19612C3E-8E5B-4071-AA54-81C9232436F4_1_201_a.jpeg
    19612C3E-8E5B-4071-AA54-81C9232436F4_1_201_a.jpeg
    756.2 KB · Views: 644
  • spiderman.jpg
    spiderman.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 2,148
  • E1zX_IuVUAEMrG2.jpg
    E1zX_IuVUAEMrG2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,163
  • deee3986af9f844b1a915d33f749d216_original.jpg
    deee3986af9f844b1a915d33f749d216_original.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 769
  • 752228CE-62DC-49D5-A980-F79D7DF7A87D_1_201_a.jpeg
    752228CE-62DC-49D5-A980-F79D7DF7A87D_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,457
You might be out of luck. It can be hard to come across these suits since their made exclusively for Universal Parks. Tho youtuber Godzilla mendoza got his hands on an authentic one, In this video. Your best bet is to either recreate or buy a similar pattern or contact Xavier directly for some reference on the pattern (because I highly doubt he'll sell it).

Hit up Gun Head Designs on IG. He makes patterns for suits like this in his sleep.

And check out RPC Studios. They may already have this pattern done. Tons of spidey suits on their website.

Hey bud. Hope I'm not too late but I've commissioned a very accurate universal Spider-Man pattern by a very talented pattern maker. It's a wip but it has accurate seams and everything.
IMG_20211024_195009_986.jpg

It's very early but we're working on it. I too love the universal suit, and can't wait to see this project finished.

Hey bud. Hope I'm not too late but I've commissioned a very accurate universal Spider-Man pattern by a very talented pattern maker. It's a wip but it has accurate seams and everything.
View attachment 1506206
It's very early but we're working on it. I too love the universal suit, and can't wait to see this project finished.
That looks incredible! If I may ask, who are you getting this pattern from? I might have to snag one myself!

View attachment 1506206
That looks very phenomenal! However, I commissioned Gun Head design to make the pattern, but the problem is the colors are slightly off and they just used the Raimi web patterns instead of making accurate webs and seams. Now I just feel like I wasted $75 once I saw this beauty.

That looks very phenomenal! However, I commissioned Gun Head design to make the pattern, but the problem is the colors are slightly off and they just used the Raimi web patterns instead of making accurate webs and seams. Now I just feel like I wasted $75 once I saw this beauty.
This was one of the issues I have when it comes to patterns that resemble classic/universal suits. Raimi base patterns are made for use of faceshells, which is something I'm trying to get away from.

Both of you can dm me if you'd like. I'll dm you everything you need to know. I'm not the only one to commission this for myself, but some other talented people made a pattern that's for everyone to use. I just bought a suit from them as well. They also made an Eaves-Brooks pattern as well. Pics are theirs, not mine
IMG_20211026_014542.jpg

IMG_20211026_014555.jpg

Both this pattern and the Universal pattern are available to everyone. I picked it up for $20.

Dude the eyes are almost identical! Are they too on v3?
As far as I know, yes. I kinda had to ask ult Spidey for more accurate eyes because he wanted to go a different route. His render not mine.
IMG_20211027_172311.jpg

I asked him for better eyes
IMG_20211027_172410.jpg

So until my suit pattern is finished, i ordered the one you see above. I'm waiting for it to get made. Once I get the suit I'll post pics here

So, I asked print costume for the pics before they sent them and:

1636601659387_InsertPic_.jpg

While it looks good, print costume used the wrong files. I sent them ult_spidey version 3, they made version 1. In case you're wondering what that one looks like:
IMG_3035.jpg

I mean, everyone has to start somewhere. This was the first suit as a test. But every issue was fixed in v3. Print costume just uses version 1 for some reason. No idea why. But I contacted them and they'll remake them with the correct files. Hopefully soon.

This is what Spiderman is supposed to look like!!! All the movie costumes are too complicated for Peter Parker to actually make! This really captures the homemade comic book look. Excellent work!! Love it!!

This is what Spiderman is supposed to look like!!! All the movie costumes are too complicated for Peter Parker to actually make! This really captures the homemade comic book look. Excellent work!! Love it!!
Thank you!!! It's not over yet! I modded v3 to have better eyes by basically porting the eyes from v2 and modifying it to fit v3. Sent the pattern to Print costume to make the mask only.

InsertPic_ (1).jpg
Once it arrives, I'll take it to a seamstress to swap the mask out.

This design is clearly a riff on the artwork of John Romita Sr. Universal probably used Romita's key licensing art as reference when designing it.

Thank you, a lot of work went into making the pattern, and I definitely couldn’t have made it without my partners @tison.mp4 and @spider_pleb over at Instagram, actually currently working on a v4 which I plan on making the most accurate version yet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back