Uniform from Forbidden Planet

Rodann

Sr Member
Just what the topic says. I've wanted to make or buy one for years now, but I can't get decent pics of every angle, nor do I really have the time to make one anyway.

Is there a source? Five years ago, I would have contacted Katarra, but since they're defunct, I have NO idea. I'm looking for someone who makes/can make the full tunic, pants, hat, etc. I think it's one of the coolest costumes out there.

And while I'm on the subject, anyone got any good pics of the uniform?

Thanks,

Do a google search for Forbidden Planet and it should turn up some nice publicity shots for you, many of which have great reference of the costumes.

You may also turn up a few sites of folks that own originals.

Jim

I think Ed Miarecki sold his a few years back, I know he had one.

It is a very cool Uniform.

Originally posted by Rodann@Apr 2 2006, 06:30 PM
Is there a source?  Five years ago, I would have contacted Katarra, but since they're defunct, I have NO idea.
[snapback]1218348[/snapback]​

I have seen her selling patches, props, and costume parts on ebay for awhile. Maybe she still does complete costumes.

I've been wanting one too for years.

The DVD will get you plenty of screen grabs if you want to do it yourself.
But the belt with the communications microphone is too small and fuzzy to get a clear view of it.

I jusy recently purchased some patches from katerra off on ebay
The ebay name is katerra88 I believe. Don't know if she is still doing uniforms though, wouldn't hurt to ask.

Nick

I make a single badge from Forbidden Planet - the little cap badge.

If anyone does find a source for a uniform I'd be very interested too.

Cheers.

Blad, you have one of the cap badges? Well, I'm envious. I always wanted one for a baseball cap, and have even tried several times to make one, but they never came out looking right. I have many publicity photos from the movie, but none have a good view of the badge. Would it be possible to get a head-on photo of the badge? But, more than the baseball cap I would love to have one of the grey Officers caps with the badge. In the twentythird century the are still wearing Army Aircorp type fifty mission crush caps. :lol

One thing I do know from the photos is that the radios were made from two boxes. There is the box that the camera/mic/speaker clips to, which is a plastc jewelry box with a clear top, you can see the two ball clasp. There is a second black box behind it, which I assumed held the batteries, as it is connected to the first box by wires. The box on the other side ot the belt from the radio also has two boxes, but you never see them using it for anything in the movie.

They are suppose to be coming out with a new two disc dvd set of "Forbidden Planet" this summer. I can't wait.

David.

Originally posted by Krel@Apr 2 2006, 09:46 PM
But, more than the baseball cap I would love to have one of the grey Officers caps with the badge.  In the twentythird century the are still wearing Army Aircorp type fifty mission crush caps.  :lol
David.
[snapback]1218449[/snapback]​

Like they say, everything old is new again. :p

As far as a good pic for the badge, if someone can get that then maybe I can make badge copies from a lasercut master.
For example, I drew up the master for this proton gun part on an Illustrator program. Then I laser cut it in plex. The copy you see below is from that plex master and is super crisp.
rexbox7.jpg

I made/make the Officer's cap badge :)

[attachmentid=7440]

My photography is cr*p - the red 'ring' is oval & isn't straight at the bottom as it appears in the pic. I also painted the main part silver, but I suspect it may be white - can't make up my mind.

It's fun to see others have tried this! Toylord, you have the right cap shape; no one in my area had that style. I had mine made at a cart at a local mall. His embroidery machine used a particular software for which I found a converter online that would format a JPG. I created the logo in PowerPoint of all things and then took it to JPG then to his embroidery format. I'm sorry I only had two made as his cart is long out of business.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back