Unfolding problems... [Pepakura]

DarkCry

Hi everyone, i've been trying since weeks ago to correctly unfold this model in pepakura ( i will post it later below ), but with no success.
I will explain better. Clicking "unfold" it gets unfolded but it creates too many pieces making it almost impossibile to build.
The fact is that i don't know where i'm wrong, i use the "specify open edges" and others options about edges, but it doesn't get unfolded as i tell to the program.
So i would ask you if someone can help me unfolding that file and uploading it unfolded in an easy way to build.

The link of the file is this: https://www.mediafire.com/?pzxd3wl85cfyvyk

Thanks in advance to everyone, i hope i didn't post in the wrong section of the forum , and i hope i didn't grammar errors :lol
Have a nice day guys!

It has been a while since I used pep designer but.... let it unfold the project in the typical messy way. Try to specify some edges for the larger chunks. Don't worry about the curves. When it unfolds, start joining the edges in the layout section. I could be more helpful but I am at work and have not touched pep for 2-3 years and the terminology escapes me right now :p

Have a play and try to cut/seperate in the layout window. You will have some better unfolds this way, rotating everything to fit your paper size too.

That's a decent tutorial that Dracosfire posted up actually. The thing is, even if you manually separate edges before pressing unfold, you will still have a lot of work to do after you have unfolded to make the pep easier to build. The higher detailed the model, the more difficult it will be to unfold and the more parts it will have.

Are you planning on building in paper or foam? The mask you linked to has a lot of compound curving and also has a lot of faces, so it's going to be in A LOT of pieces even if you specify open edges before selecting unfold. If someone unfolds the file properly for a foam build, it would have a lot less pieces and be easier to build.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back