Underworld Lycan Original Costume Display

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Underworld Lycan Original Costume Display

We've updated www.TomSpinaDesigns.com with pics of another custom Custom Mannequin Movie Prop Display

This costume was used in Underworld 3, Rise of the Lycans and our responsibility was to find a means of displaying an otherwise awkward and difficult to display costume.

It required some careful planning when creating the support structure, as a "normal" mannequin would never be able to navigate its way inside the tight bodysuit the way a human actor did!

As always, we worked closely with the client to determine the pose and tried to strike a balance between aesthetics and the needs of the wardrobe. Anything overly extreme could cause unnatural wrinkles in the suit so we settled on something with "quiet menace" rather than dynamic action. There's a bit of attitude in the torso and the head positioning, with the legs and arms at interesting angles, but relatively neutral to keep the costume's skin properly aligned and supported.

The base was the client's idea and something we consider temporary. Eventually, we'll likely do a dark stone block look for the base.

Enjoy the pics and visit the site often, we update all the time with new projects!

Thanks for reading,
Tom

Film-Wardrobe-Display-Underworld-Lycan.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive work! Man, I wish I could find a job making things like that all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good thing the hair covers his pee pee. :)

Nice job as usual, Tom and Co. As I've said before, your work is so consistantly good that there really is no surprise anymore. You just know it's going to kick ass as soon as you see the thread title with your name under it. :thumbsup

Nice job as usual, Tom and Co. As I've said before, your work is so consistantly good that there really is no surprise anymore. You just know it's going to kick ass as soon as you see the thread title with your name under it. :thumbsup

Could'nt have said it better myself!

So its official : I hate you, I hate your talent... but only because I love your work.

Great job on this as well. I am huge fan of Underworld and will probably watch Rise of Lycans tonight coincidentally . Incredible man.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back