Uncreative Nabie Here, Lf A Way To Actually Buy A Full Costume And Etc, Cant Realy Find A Way To Do

wingerkiller

Hey, dont realy know much of creating costumes, never been a huge intrerest, untill now, but i got no what so ever experiance, so i thought id buy my first one, been Googling and etc all day long but no real "resaults" on where to buy one and so on, any tips on where i might be able to get 1? :p Cash isnt any problem in the case :)

Ebay always seem to have some, but they are super expensive. You can also check the market place and get a lot of good stuff.

As someone who has been on this site a little less than a year you would best be served to do a few things :A personalized suit takes TIME, no matter who you work with.

There a lot of great, creative people on here. The talent you will encounter is incredible. The people on here do it because they are passionate about this shared interest we have. The last thing most of the members want is someone who jumps on the site and just wants to buy a suit quick.
I have been working on 2 builds over the last 10 months and still have a ways to go.
As I only paint figurines, none of this could be done without the help of the talented members on this site.
I have been fortunate enough to 'create' my builds though completed pieces from various members but I took the time to read most of the posts, understood 'who' made what and asked questions/advice as needed.

Personally, I am most satisfied with my builds not only by how they look (although they do look great!), but also for getting to know and working with the talented people here.

Just my thoughts...
Good luck.

Cheers man:), nothing would make me feel better then actually be able to creat stuff on my own :), been scamming throu most of the post for the night, dunno why but i srsly got a need to either try /learn to make a full costume or in order to mby buy 1 and learn and contrabute with something from there:), my intentions are not, hey, wtb a costume, now gtf away from me :p not like that m8 :) its some serious talents and im stunned by the gallery, the bio masks, the Dreads, and everything i realy would like to learn all of the steps and etc, and atm, only way to learn it would be in the states, unfort for me im in swe and what i know, we dont have this talent in costume making :p i surely wish we had, spending 16 hours scrammling throu the internet in order to pick something up, was it up to me, id be on the next class for sculpting, and costume making and etc, but for now i dont know that much xD hehe :)

But i would like to know how to make these cool "rubber" looking dreads, the real looking ones, think that might be my first step to learning, something easy :)

you are wrong about there not being any talent in Sweden. several of our members are swedish and quite talented.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/16741-calling-all-scandinavian-preds/page__p__266041__hl__sweden__fromsearch__1#entry266041

Indeed, This site is a Plethora of information, one just needs to get their hands dirty so to speak. The Huntorial area is a great place to read and learn. When I first came here I was in awe of the great suit and talent.

Yeah been checking around all night, think i even got a solid idéa with the DOuble Foam Dreads, they booie does if i recall the name right:p

Welcome to the Lair first off. Like many have said there is great talent here and members who have all the stuff for sale to build a great looking suit. I do want to make one suggestion though. Please do not use a lot of "texting" speak, like "srsly" for "seriously" and such. It can be annoying trying to figure out what someone is trying to say when we have to decipher groups of letters clumped together.

With that said, have fun reading and learning. I'm sure if your heart is set on owning a suit you will get the answer you need.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back