Uncharted Phurba Dagger

Silverstag

Hello, I was thinking about making a replica of the phurba dagger from Uncharted: Among Thieves like the one thqt came in the special fortune hunter edition. If anyone has their own daggers or tips on how to make one please post them here.

I have full scale plans drawn up for one but haven't got off my butt long enough to start. Basically, it calls for a wooden dowel as the core with the basic shapes done over it in either clay or two-part epoxy with details being done in the two part epoxy.
The "blades" on mine will be done in plexiglass.
I'll tell you this. The licensed (extremely limited edition) replica is 15 inches long.

I think there are many people interested, but even more people interested in seeing build pics =)

_A

I'm just waiting to get some info on my school's 3d printer before I start modeling it. There's always Shapeways but I read somewhere about a policy of not making any weapons. Now I don't know if they would actually consider that a weapon or if they could be convinced it's just for decoration. Then there's also the price. I bet it would be pretty expensive to make it out of stainless steel.

I'm just waiting to get some info on my school's 3d printer before I start modeling it. There's always Shapeways but I read somewhere about a policy of not making any weapons. Now I don't know if they would actually consider that a weapon or if they could be convinced it's just for decoration. Then there's also the price. I bet it would be pretty expensive to make it out of stainless steel.

Im not sure but they would probably consider it a weapon. I know the people who won the daggers had to sign papers so they wouldn't use it to kill anyone. If you model one you should cast it and sell me one :)

If it were printed in plastic, I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be considered a weapon
(and what stops you from making a mold of the plastic one and casting it in brass/other metal?)
Food for thought.

_A

I emailed Shapeways to find out if they would do it and this was their response:
"According to Dutch law a gun is a weapon and because of this it is illegal to produce or sell weapons in, from or by a Dutch company.

Replica guns and knifes are a category I weapon according to the Dutch Weapons and Munitions law(Wet wapens en munitie). Indeed according to that law any toy or other gun that so closely resembles a real gun that it could be used to threaten someone is forbidden. So we would not be able to produce your model for you.

A weapon so small as that it could not be conceived to be a threat could be OK. However this is my own, non-expert opinion. So it depends on the size and material you would like to have it printed in."
So I'm assuming they wouldn't allow a 15" model.

Well, my wife seems to have tossed out the plans I had made so I'm probably going to re-do them.
While I look for the pictures I used for details and size reference (some are from a video where the holder states the size) I'm going to toss any photos I find in this folder.. Phurba pictures by d_jedi1 - Photobucket hopefully it will come in handy for others ;)

One can always order only pieces of it, for example just the handle, and make the blade out of something else(like acrylic or styrene)

_A

Last edited:
This is the best image I've found of it.

DQVls.jpg

The problem is that it is large and is made of solid metal. So it would cost an arm and leg. I'd love to have it though.

If you have a chance to go to or know someone from Tibet you can get one probably get one very accurate. I have seen stuff like that there before. The developers probably based it off a real one from there.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back