Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

DARTH SABER

Master Member
Ive decided to take a stab at Francis Drake's diary....So, Ive started playing the game again and have been taking photos of the diary pages right off of my TV. Im about 75% done with the game , I don't think I have all of the diary pages just yet, but I did manage to get enough fragment shots to piece together Francis Drake's map.
Im eventually going to redo this by hand, but in the meantime, heres a pretty decent image to use as a template or reference for creating your own.

mapmaster3copyb.jpg

Here's a link to a higher res (Not sure if it will work) -
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...IARY/?action=view&current=mapmaster3copyb.jpg

Ill post more pics of the diary pages when Im done with the game.

DS

Last edited:
Ive had quite a stroke of good luck today.

One of the biggest problems that I knew I was going to run into was deciphering the first 9 illustrated pages of the diary (Which appear blurry and obscured during the first cut scene in the game).
I wondered if maybe the guys who designed the game might have used real illustrations done by Drake himself...So I did a quick google search, and it so happens that the first 9 pages of Drakes diary are actually illustrations from a nautical Almanac written by Drake himself.

Here are the images of the first 9 pages of the diary (in order from first to last)

NOTE: - In the cuts cene for the game, page #1 is the same as page #7, and Page #2 is the same as page #8...Don't ask me why, but that's how it is.

page 1
FDDpage1.jpg

page2
FDDpage2.jpg

page3
FDDpage3.jpg

page4
FDDpage4.jpg

page5
FDDpage5.jpg

page6
FDDpage6.jpg

page7
FDDpage1.jpg

page8
FDDpage2.jpg

page9
FDDpage9.jpg

THese first pages are indeed in order as they appear in the game...Unfortunately, the order of the other pages in the rest of the cut scenes are a total mystery.

DS

Last edited:
Jeez, I just went online to see if I could find the Drakes Fortune strategy guide (I figue some of the images in the guide might come in handy), and the damn guide is going for about $60-%100 everywhere I look.
Since when did strategy guides become collectibles??

Cool project! I've dreaded to take this on, because it's so difficult to see in the game. But man, you rock! I'll follow this closely.

Drake's diary so far -
IMG_0904.jpg

coversmall.jpg

I used a black 5.5X3.5 Moleskine sketchbook. Sponged the cover a burnt sienna color with Liquitex acrylic, used a dremmel with a pointy sander to create the borders, etched the coat of arms with a microfile, and then painted the details with a light tan mixed with a bit of gold acrylic.
The Moleskine sketchbook doesn't come in soft cover, but this is actually the closest I could find to the original prop.

Looks really good!! Great job on the cover, looks perfect!.

In time the moleskin will soften up I think. It's a really hard cardboard cover, but if bent carefully, you can soften it up. You'll just have to be carefull not to break or crease it.

Ok guys, I had to put the diary on hold for now ( need to get new toner cartridge for printing templates, need to find more cepia ink etc), so in the meantime I bought I'd start on Drakes map.
I need a consensus on the size of the map. From what I can tell the map was originally folded 3 ways and fit perfectly inside the diary and was attached to the last page.
Does everyone agree wih the this?

Also, im goig to continue researching the map but if anyone has any other hi res images, or info it would come in handy.
When I'm done with the map I will post a hires ersion for printing of course.

DS

Wow! :eek

Those pages look incredible. I have seen a replica of this book by Drake and the pages seem out of order to me. It looks as if page 2 should be followed on the right with page 6. Almost as if they were scanned out of order. Who knows.

Your book look outstanding! The work is incredible. :thumbsup

Always look forward to your updates.

Best,
DBCooper

Wow! :eek

Those pages look incredible. I have seen a replica of this book by Drake and the pages seem out of order to me. It looks as if page 2 should be followed on the right with page 6. Almost as if they were scanned out of order. Who knows.

Your book look outstanding! The work is incredible. :thumbsup

Always look forward to your updates.

Best,
DBCooper

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Not sure if the replica of Drakes book is out of order or the prop seen int he video game is out of order. Im guessing the game diary is probably out of order.
Either way, Im just blindly following the order of the screencaps from the game.
The screencaps of the game only give me the order for the first 9 pages...After that it's anyone's guess as to the order.
Ill have to probably take some artistic license.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back