Uncharted 2 hip Pouch

ElDabio

I made one of these out of leather because I had some scrap. This one appears to be nylon/canvas with bits of leather here and there. I will post a pic of mine when its done. What does everyone think? Comments? Suggestions?

I was thinking about making one out of canvas. I work at a paint store and we have some really heavy canvas drop clothes for not a lot of cash. I'm going to spray the back side with a heavy coat of spray adhesive for rigidity and a kind of water proofing. And spray the outside with OD flat spray paint before adding the leather parts.

Great project :thumbsup - thinking in similar directions

I like the idea with some kind of "rubber" coat on the canvas to provide some kind of water resistance. Many suppliers for nylon military gear use this technique.

I would not use spray color as the look may suffer and the characteristic of the cloth may be lost. I was thinking off using some old military equipment (olive jackets or duffle bags) as basis material. The original weathering of this equipment may significantly help to enhance the "used look" you see in-game...

Looking forward for your first pictures!

I'm going to hopefully start on this in the next few days. I'm going to test the spray technique on a small piece. The good thing about canvas drop clothes is that they are cheap and you get many square feet to work with. Also I think I'm going to grommet a drain hole in the bottom since I'm going to water proof it so it doesn't hold water.

I'm going to hopefully start on this in the next few days. I'm going to test the spray technique on a small piece. The good thing about canvas drop clothes is that they are cheap and you get many square feet to work with. Also I think I'm going to grommet a drain hole in the bottom since I'm going to water proof it so it doesn't hold water.

Hi,

how is it going with your uncharted 2 bag? Any news or updates? Meanwhile my schedule will allow some first steps in a similar direction....

Best

It's either an ammo pouch or the place where he's keeping the small binoculars he uses in the game. I tend to lean toward it being a ammo pouch for the extra mags since his shoulder holster doesn't have a mag pouch.

It's definitely a mag pouch. I saw someone (perhaps earlier in this thread) imply that it may be an old russian pouch but cut down.
(cut down because the Russian pouch was two, side by side.)

It's definitely a mag pouch. I saw someone (perhaps earlier in this thread) imply that it may be an old russian pouch but cut down.
(cut down because the Russian pouch was two, side by side.)

I remember that, but I think it was a leather pouch, whereas this one appears to be mostly canvas with (maybe?) leather straps.

I thought about buying this......It does look a lot like Nate's. I even like the way the have it attach. It makes a little more sense that the double belt that seems to go up into the middle of his shirt and attach on his stomach. LOL

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Nice find! Looks very Uncharted. Can't imagine running or climbing with that on....it would just smack you right in the thigh....ouch. But for just photos, it'd be a great alternative!

I noticed the seller has some "game related" things he's selling and I'm wondering IF this hip bag isn't actually suppose to be modeled after Nate's to begin with. It just seems way to close in the shape and style not to be.

I noticed the seller has some "game related" things he's selling and I'm wondering IF this hip bag isn't actually suppose to be modeled after Nate's to begin with. It just seems way to close in the shape and style not to be.

Very well could be. And it's not really a bad price, either! Might have to get this one myself...

So....

Since I have to wait for my UC2 buckles to arrive to proceed with the rising sun buckle, I will use the time to proceed with my hip bag.

Started with the most simple things: The belt strap is all leather. Since the closure is never seen in-game and hidden by Nathans shirt (potentially it does not exist in the character design) I will use a buckle similar to the ones used with my UC2 holster - so everything will fit together. There will be three leather loops.

I made a simple paper model of the pouch to get a feeling for the dimensions and cut. Its damned small, if I measured correctly (13 x 11,5 X 4,5 cm) - have to check this again. As it is, it would hold exactly 4 beretta magazines.

Will use olive canvas for the pouch (I will kill an old/used army duffle bag, which gives the propper used look).

Suggestions and ideas welcome...

Keep you updated...

So....

Since I have to wait for my UC2 buckles to arrive to proceed with the rising sun buckle, I will use the time to proceed with my hip bag.

Started with the most simple things: The belt strap is all leather. Since the closure is never seen in-game and hidden by Nathans shirt (potentially it does not exist in the character design) I will use a buckle similar to the ones used with my UC2 holster - so everything will fit together. There will be three leather loops.

I made a simple paper model of the pouch to get a feeling for the dimensions and cut. Its damned small, if I measured correctly (13 x 11,5 X 4,5 cm) - have to check this again. As it is, it would hold exactly 4 beretta magazines.

Will use olive canvas for the pouch (I will kill an old/used army duffle bag, which gives the propper used look).

Suggestions and ideas welcome...

Keep you updated...
:):):)
Damn I love your work and dedication! Looks like your off to a great start on this.

Only 4 mags!? Well, better than the two on his holster! I wonder how many mags of the Defender it could hold...or for that matter, how many speed loaders for the .44!

Overall, of course, you're off to a GREAT start! When are you gonna open up an "Uncharted" store for all of us Drake fans to get these wonderful toys?!:thumbsup

Little update:

The leather belt for the pouch is ready. Its oiled and waxed to get the in-game coloring and better water resistance. One leather loop for the strap, two loops for??? They are there in-game, flanking the pouch - most likely decoration. Maybe one can use them to attach e.g. a phurba dagger or grenades. The metal buckle is painted in analogy to the holster buckles in-game with their coating peeling off...

Little update:

The leather belt for the pouch is ready. Its oiled and waxed to get the in-game coloring and better water resistance. One leather loop for the strap, two loops for??? They are there in-game, flanking the pouch - most likely decoration. Maybe one can use them to attach e.g. a phurba dagger or grenades. The metal buckle is painted in analogy to the holster buckles in-game with their coating peeling off...

Probably a good guess about the second loop. With what you got there, you're off to a great build.:thumbsup

I've worn a second belt under my shirt before and had it overlapping my regular belt just to hang my pouch on and let me tell you it doesn't work that great. The reason it looks good in the game is because it's "in the game". You'll notice that the front portion of the second belt goes right up under his shirt to the middle of his stomach! LOL

I haven't had the time to do this yet but I was thinking about picking up a belt blank at Tandy Leather along with shorter strap and I was going to make a custom belt with some snaps or Velcro attached to the main belt and the strap. Then I'd use the shorter strap as the "second belt" and attach it to the main belt. Basically giving the illusion I was wearing a second belt that would look like it went up under my Henley. That way you don't actually have to wear a second belt and it won't mess with the "untucked" look either.

If you've got a second belt tucked under your shirt people are going to see it, especially with any type of a decent sized buckle. The only way it may not show up is if the second belt is super thin and lays flush against your stomach under the shirt.

I've worn a second belt under my shirt before and had it overlapping my regular belt just to hang my pouch on and let me tell you it doesn't work that great. The reason it looks good in the game is because it's "in the game". You'll notice that the front portion of the second belt goes right up under his shirt to the middle of his stomach! LOL

I haven't had the time to do this yet but I was thinking about picking up a belt blank at Tandy Leather along with shorter strap and I was going to make a custom belt with some snaps or Velcro attached to the main belt and the strap. Then I'd use the shorter strap as the "second belt" and attach it to the main belt. Basically giving the illusion I was wearing a second belt that would look like it went up under my Henley. That way you don't actually have to wear a second belt and it won't mess with the "untucked" look either.

If you've got a second belt tucked under your shirt people are going to see it, especially with any type of a decent sized buckle. The only way it may not show up is if the second belt is super thin and lays flush against your stomach under the shirt.

Its a very good point! When I did some first experiments I had the impression it could work. When the pouch is ready, I will test it carefully...

I think that in-game it is supposed to be a second belt. Only the angle on the front side is wrong - most likely not to hide the belt buckle...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back