Uncharted 2 Belt Pouch

AdamHunter

Hey guys,

With Orlando Megacon rapidly approaching, I am trying to tie up all of the loose ends on my U2 Drake costume. After DarthSaber and I put the phurbas together, the only logical choice was to go with Uncharted 2 for a costume build. For anyone wondering that thread is here (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=248293).

I've been working recently with a custom leather worker to determine how his belt pouch was constructed for this game iteration. I've found a few pouches which are close to it that are off-the-shelf, but never anything that was exact. I took some measurements off of screenshots from the game, as well as some turn-around views of the 3D models, and worked a bit with DarthSaber to get some technical sketches put together to make sure everything was correct dimensionally.

I finally got images today of the fruits of our research and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I included a quick reference shot as a refresher along with a few other pictures of the finished product. The weathering on the leather really is something else. The back of the bag is fitted with two strap loops with snaps so the bag con be removed easily from the belt if needed.

I'll have more pictures of it soon if anyone is interested, I just couldn't wait to share these.
model reference.jpg
bag1.jpg
bag2.jpg
Bag3.jpg

Hey guys,

With Orlando Megacon rapidly approaching, I am trying to tie up all of the loose ends on my U2 Drake costume. After DarthSaber and I put the phurbas together, the only logical choice was to go with Uncharted 2 for a costume build. For anyone wondering that thread is here (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=248293).

I've been working recently with a custom leather worker to determine how his belt pouch was constructed for this game iteration. I've found a few pouches which are close to it that are off-the-shelf, but never anything that was exact. I took some measurements off of screenshots from the game, as well as some turn-around views of the 3D models, and worked a bit with DarthSaber to get some technical sketches put together to make sure everything was correct dimensionally.

I finally got images today of the fruits of our research and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. I included a quick reference shot as a refresher along with a few other pictures of the finished product. The weathering on the leather really is something else. The back of the bag is fitted with two strap loops with snaps so the bag con be removed easily from the belt if needed.

I'll have more pictures of it soon if anyone is interested, I just couldn't wait to share these.
View attachment 598752
View attachment 598749
View attachment 598750
View attachment 598751

yeah buddy, lookin good!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back