Question Unable to login after URL was changed (answered)

Particle

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section.

Yesterday i tried to go to "www.the-rpf.com" but was unable too. I figured the site was down for a bit so i waited. I soon found out that the url was changed to "www.therpf.com". When i go to login to my main account, it tells me i have entered an incorrect username or password. When i try to recover my account, it says "You have not entered an email address that we recognize. Please try again or contact the administrator." What do i do?

Until we hear otherwise, stay away from "www.therpf.com". The site was hijacked a while ago. I'd forget about trying to recover your account too. Just continue using the one you have now, and from now on make sure you ONLY come to "www.therpf.com".

Oh **** i think i remember seeing that on the 405th before i started using therpf. My account was fairly new and i hadn't started any threads yet so its not too much of a problem. Thanks for the help.

No problem, you might want to run a virus scan though. Last I heard, Nwerke was fairly certain "www.therpf.com" would launch a virus attack when visited.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section.

Yesterday i tried to go to "www.the-rpf.com" but was unable too. I figured the site was down for a bit so i waited. I soon found out that the url was changed to "www.therpf.com". When i go to login to my main account, it tells me i have entered an incorrect username or password. When i try to recover my account, it says "You have not entered an email address that we recognize. Please try again or contact the administrator." What do i do?

Unfortunately, a few months back, the site was hijacked and the domain "therpf.com" stolen from us. The hacker was attempting to profit from the ad revenue of the site. He then started redirecting traffic to "the-rpf.com" (A website he started) in order to help hedge against losing the stream of income if we managed to get the domain back.

"Thereplicapropforum.com" was put up shortly after the hacking, and is the ONLY legitimate site. (for now)

Unfortunately, it seems you registered over at the hacked site. Glad you found your way over here, though. There were a lot of us sending PMs to as many members as possible over there trying to warn them they were on a fake site, hijacked by a hacker. I hope you enjoy your stay and don't have to deal with any more hackers in the meantime.

Keep an eye on the top of the page in the next few weeks. (below the logo) Major announcements regarding the hack and our possible move back to our original domain should be posted there.

-Nick

Don't feel bad, I signed up about September of last year so I still consider myself a newbee. I got 2 PMs telling me about new site but thought those messages were spammers... MY BAD! It just sounded crazy but now that hear the response they were trying to steel the ad money THAT makes perfect sense. I wondered what happened to all the activity! it really died down! LOL I was using the wrong site!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back