Ultron or Bust...or Just Ultron

Patra5000

I'm starting a new/first project: I want to create a full wearable suit of Ultron (AOU). Any advice for a total beginner? Just ordered a 3D Printer (Creality CR-10) which should arrive soon and I figure this will be at least a year-long process. If there's anything I should be start doing first to speed the process, or at least make it easier, I'd be really grateful. I'll be playing around with every possible idea I can get my hands on to try and make this costume a reality...creating, building, and buying everything I need before I even get to the serious prototype stages. If there's a certain approach when starting a massive project like this, I'd love to hear it.

My advice would be to start with developing your block pattern. You need a base suit pattern that fits very well and doesn't require a lot of stretch. You can then use that to begin mapping out and making templates for the Ultron pieces that are in actual size and in proportion to each other. I would also recommend breaking the costume down into layers and evaluating what pieces need to be made in what medium (does it need to flex for movement, is it too big to print, how thick does it need to be, etc). You can then decide how best to approach each part - foam, print, urethane, resin, etc.

Hope that helps a little and I look forward to following your build. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back