Ultraviolet Pistols

Pretzellogic

I've been watching the BBC miniseries Ultraviolet recently and have been wondering if there are any good images of the pistols they use to identify/terminate "Code Fives."

Any info is helpful, including the base pistol and any found parts.

PS: anyone build a replica?

a good base gun to start with if you can find it, is the (now discontinued) tokyo marui socom pistol set. it comes with the gun, a silencer, and the LAM that is used to build the ultraviolet camera module. unfortunately, short of a few screen caps, the only real good pic that i know of, is here

i know someone here made one a while back, but i cant remember who it was.

-Jeff

There was a fairly extensive thread on this a few months ago. The pistols with the built in vid-cam. Although two mirrors would do the same job, just not as tech-y.

Try the search function to see if you can't dig up the thread.

Jay

Hi,

This is the UV gun that I built a while back. I used the Tokyo Marui pistol mentioned above.

I scratch-built around the LAM unit to create the camera unit, which can be removed from the gun, like in the show.

The panels were made from layered styrene, then cast in resin. The lens section was made from PVC pipe.

The screen sections are hinged to open up like in the show. The pic at the bottom is the original gun, from the show's website. Other than that, I used screencaps from the DVD for reference.

uv1.jpg

uv2.jpg

uv3.jpg

uv4.jpg

uv5.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back