Ultramarines Sternguard Veteran [FINISHED]

elgringdado

Yeah, I know, it's Smurf. I don't care, I like it.

Back to the ponit. Here is my build progress and result of Ultramarine Veteran. It took about 4 months from start to finish. I don't have much pictures because I did not thought abut taking them. But here's what I do have. A lot of that is inspired by Pielrud and Sylgian.

Shins and thighs went first (as they usually do) then platforms (Sylgian's design)

T5PRJ4.jpg

Platforms were a major fu... well, mistake on my side, I've made them too high and had to trim them later. Of course that later was exactly when they were already integrated into the boots.

LsW1zr.jpg

0ic8eY.jpg

Power Pants, belt and abs were next

rDoGke.jpg

xAbDs9.jpg

Added some joints, cosmetics and straps

aeTPx2.jpg

hLBWLI.jpg

And then, chest piece helmet and shoulder pads.

d6D3tI.jpg

E2YkS2.jpg

XKh5Ni.jpg

xqdFoP.jpg

In so called meantime some test fits were in order

h5MnlD.jpg

Somebody skipped the leg day.
rwjaim.jpg

I've decided that I want some leaves on my helmet

uWJglG.jpg

So, I've made couple of them.

sskoCE.jpg

Backpack was the last pant done before paint. As Pielrud suggested, redesing was in order. It's narrower and ball wents are bigger.

hPJiCW.jpg

Painting this beast was a nightmare.

WSFFx8.jpg

But in the end...

otoDGV.jpg

F1DubM.jpg

7gEoSu.jpg

...all of this...

zIq9zd.jpg

...paid off.
yDXwWm.jpg

6Mi82p.jpg

Pg3yaC.jpg

P2Z0hy.jpg

Last picture, and I can't thank him enough, is with Erasmus Brosdau (creator of The Lord Inquisitor). He actually left room full of people to take this picture with my group because I was too big to fit in the door.

fdEyS7.jpg

"He actually left room full of people to take this picture with my group because I was too big to fit in the door."
That's hilarious!!!!

Great Build, must have been a lot of fun clomping around in that suit.

Really impressive work

Well done
Thanks!

"He actually left room full of people to take this picture with my group because I was too big to fit in the door."
That's hilarious!!!!

Great Build, must have been a lot of fun clomping around in that suit.
Erasmus is a nice guy, he complimented our group and signed my hammer (my friend was carrying it)

Walking in this armor was fun but painful, I have to modify couple of things but still, after 5h of trooping I was tired as hell. Thankfully it was about 10* C so it wasn't that hot inside.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back