Ultimate Movie/TV car or Prop my ride

joeranger

Sr Member
Old lady living next door to my parents died and her 94 robins egg blue Buick Century sat in the driveway collecting spider webs, leaves and hornets. The layers of dirt and wax created a protective coating on the finish and it cleaned up beautifully. It has extremely low miles but all the rubber parts are aged; hoses, belts, gaskets, battery, tires. It also smells like old lady.

I am trying to decide if I want to spend money for a very easy restoration or treat it like the beater that it is and have some fun with it.

An IMCDb search found 19 pages of Buick Century's in movies and TV. It is the ultimate non-nondescript background car. Other than Jim Rockford, no main character drives a Buick Century.
IMCDb.org: Buick Century in movies and TV series

I am requesting to tap the collective creativity of the forum should I decide to "Prop my ride" and run it into the ground vs restore it as a third car for the kids.
Note: It's fast. V-6 in a relatively small frame by GM standards.

2057279.jpeg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back