Ultimate Borg Cube

The link doesn't work for me. All I get is this warning: "You are using an Invalid IP to access this site."

I wanna see. :cry

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 24 2006, 08:42 PM) [snapback]1267621[/snapback]</div>
The link doesn't work for me. All I get is this warning: "You are using an Invalid IP to access this site."

I wanna see. :cry
[/b]

Hmm. That's strange. Try copying the text of the link with a <Control C> and pasting it into the address line of your browser with a <Control V>

I checked and the link above still works for me... :confused

EDIT:

No, nevermind - scratch that. Do this:

goto: www.collectivelyspaced.com

In the left column of the main page you should see a section entitled "Navigation". Click on the "Photo Gallery" link.

Scroll down the resulting page to JP Modelworks. On the right of JP Modelworks you should find "Sub-albums:" The link for the "Ultimate Borg Cube Model" is there.

See if that works...

Thanks for the help, imaginager. :thumbsup

But...

Now this is really odd. I tried pasting the URL (www.collectivelyspaced.com) into my browser as you suggested. And I got the same warning message: "You are using an Invalid IP to access this site."

I've never had or even heard of such a problem before. An "invalid" IP? :confused

I'll try the link on Monday from my computer at work. Maybe the IP of my office computer isn't "invalid." :p

Thanks again.

Success.

I logged on from my computer at work :angel and was able to see the Cube. :)

A very nice bit of modeling. But shouldn't there be finer details on the Cube in order to give it the illusion of gigantic scale? I'm no expert on Next Gen and beyond (I'm a TOS guy ;) ), but my recollection is that the Borg Cubes were HUGE.

In any case, very interesting and inspiring model work. Thanks for posting the link. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 26 2006, 12:03 AM) [snapback]1268232[/snapback]</div>
Success.

A very nice bit of modeling. But shouldn't there be finer details on the Cube in order to give it the illusion of gigantic scale? I'm no expert on Next Gen and beyond (I'm a TOS guy ;) ), but my recollection is that the Borg Cubes were HUGE.

In any case, very interesting and inspiring model work. Thanks for posting the link. :thumbsup
[/b]

Ah yes a nice example of the killing of Net Neutrality.... but I won't hijack the thread any more...

Nice looking Cube. I'd like to see it as it's meant to be, dimly lit and illuminated as it appears he's put in several green LEDs on it...

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 25 2006, 09:03 PM) [snapback]1268232[/snapback]</div>
Success.

[/b]

It is an incredible piece of work , if you look at frame 8 of 122 you can see itÂ’s huge size compared to a Federation Starship (probably the Enterprise), assuming the scale of the two models are the same.

My God. It's full of...bits and pieces. :eek Between 5000-8000 pieces according to the writeup. That's a lot of glueing. I don't know how I missed this thread. That has got to be one of the coolest endeavors I've ever seen anybody tackle. Even for the movie they only built three sides of the cube for filming. That is truly awesome. :thumbsup

Bill

It's done, and was entered in a local model show, surprise it took the Gold.
206217618.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back