Uk prop party whats you plan for the next one

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't know about the rest of you guys that took part in the recent UK Prop Party but im still on a high and was really bummed out for a day or 2 when i got home.

so as it looks highly likely we will be doing this again, what are you plans for the next one ? if you didnt come are you planning to come to the next one?

apart from the security issue which wasn't too bad what could we do better next time ? what extra's could we add?

I Personally would like to get My TE sandtrooper Mannequin finished, The Judge Dredd display finished and Start an Colonial Marine lifesize Mini Bust from Alien's

On the Display front i think its a must that we are all in T-shirts to distinguish us from the Public next time, Thoughts

I'll be at the next one if I can Simon. I always enjoyed the events we attended in years gone by, expecially the gigs at the National Space Center, with the Rebel Legion and 501st guys trooping. An event like that would be cool, with plenty of props and lifesize figures/costumes on display. Maybe some SW/RPFesque celebs there signing too?

Studio Snowspeeder, Cloud car and maybe a Y wing, just down to time, wanna blitz the studio scale section hehe.
Agreed on the Tee's Simon, i think some nice black polos with RPF livery and usernames, maybe crew member on the back for extra bling factor lol.

Lee

more freddy stuff from me next time but I think I'll keep with just the full scale stuff and hopefully a full size spiderman display and some predator stuff along with some new sculpts I'm working on ;)

I think now they have seen the success we had with the public they should be fine with giving us more space and barriers to keeps things secure

this may sound mad but possible our own photo area, this will bring in some funds to put towards expences and charity

all we'd need to do is have signs up for no cameras allowed in the exibition and then have the full sized statues in a seperate area for people to pose with and have printers set up to get them printed off their and then for a couple of quid ?

agree 110 % on the shirts and I think if we work out a staff rota system so everyone gets involved in taking care of the areas throughout the weekend so we can all get out their and enjoy the show and get to know each other

for the first one mate it went great and it's only going to get bigger and better ;)

more freddy stuff from me next time but I think I'll keep with just the full scale stuff and hopefully a full size spiderman display and some predator stuff along with some new sculpts I'm working on ;)

I think now they have seen the success we had with the public they should be fine with giving us more space and barriers to keeps things secure

this may sound mad but possible our own photo area, this will bring in some funds to put towards expences and charity

all we'd need to do is have signs up for no cameras allowed in the exibition and then have the full sized statues in a seperate area for people to pose with and have printers set up to get them printed off their and then for a couple of quid ?

agree 110 % on the shirts and I think if we work out a staff rota system so everyone gets involved in taking care of the areas throughout the weekend so we can all get out their and enjoy the show and get to know each other

for the first one mate it went great and it's only going to get bigger and better ;)

100% agree with everything you said there Daz, i think we lost a big opportunity with the Freddie, Reeve and Joker display we could of made a lot more money for charity .

Im going to have a chat with Art about the POLO's or T-shirts, would love it if he would allow us to incorporate the Union Jack somewhere in the RPF logo.

It's Funny you should mention Predator Stuff in your Post, i didn't realise until late in the day that the Hunter's Lair falls under the RPF now, so i have already sent out an invite to those guy's to join us at the next one.

Agreed on the rota system too mate

Agree with all the points, more space and more props would be great, i could potentially bring down some pred and terminator items and maybe r2.

The photo idea sounds great..

Maybe another idea is a live armor or kit build, i know the ukg have done it in the past and its been a great success

Hopefully I'll have my Voight Kampff machine done by then, so some rep-detect tests would be fun :cool

Probably less guns though :lol

I'd really like to come along to the next one :) I was thinking the same thing about T shirts/polo shirts & a bigger RPF flag/ wall sign.

I'm probably in a minority but I have to say I think it would be shame to charge for photos. While it would certainly bring in some funds, I think that one of the reasons people appreciated the RPF area so much was that it wasn't there to take their money, it was there to display people's passion for their hobby. I think asking for an optional charitable donation is fine but charging for photos is in danger of turning the RPF stand into just another money-making operation.

I'm probably in a minority but I have to say I think it would be shame to charge for photos. While it would certainly bring in some funds, I think that one of the reasons people appreciated the RPF area so much was that it wasn't there to take their money, it was there to display people's passion for their hobby. I think asking for an optional charitable donation is fine but charging for photos is in danger of turning the RPF stand into just another money-making operation.

That indeed is fantastic point and something we should definately take into consideration.

Without going into to much detail, a lot of money was spent behind the scene's by some member's in order to give the display area the professional look and fund various activities ie the make up demo for instance.

while i agree with you in principle the event and future event's will still need to be funded somehow.

The RPF have always said they would help, however by taking money out of the RPF pot how would they get a return, we can't expect them to throw money at us year in year out.
Although we are RPF the Prop Party has to become self sufficient, imho

Great Post mate and something that definately need's more discussion

Oh it will be the man with no name with six shooters and everything

Judes been on at me for ages to make this costume for him. He has the boots, hat, gun belt and colt, I just need to make the rest but that's for another post.

I'd like to get the Kroenan costume done especially if Ladislav is attending. I'll pull out all the stops to get a collection of Hellboy stuff ready.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back