Uk Prop Party? - This Saturday In Newcastle!

hez1

What with all the talk of suiting up for conventions in the other thread, it occurred to me that it could be fun to arrange a small prop party. I'd be willing to host it at my studio in Newcastle (southerners are more than welcome, but yeah, it'll be a drive for you all), and you'd be welcome to bring stuff to show off, or just come along for the fun of it.

Bring your own resin and you can have free use of a bio mould or two as well. :)

I was thinking this would probably be best held in the new year, as that gives people time to plan for it and not miss out because they're at work or something.

Anyone interested?

hay bro

an awesome idea!!

me being one of the southerners it would be a massive treck upto you,but at the same time worth every mile,

at the moment im trying not to commit to too much as i hate letting people down but i would love to share my pred items with you all

yeah im up for that, only from durham so i can come on my skateboard, also have a custom bio mould which can be used for the day

Another southerner who would love to attend but as you live at the other end of the world, lol, I'd have to work out a few days off.
Any idea of a time frame , Hez? How about planning this to coincide with one of the northern cons? Maybe Friday at yours, sat,sun am at the con then travell home.

Thanks for the open invite.

Tony

As a complete prop-making noob I would love to come to watch and learn techniques for the future. If you don't mind a dressmaker who wants to branch out into other mediums coming along then sure, that'd be brilliant.

Other end of the world doesn't bother me, have car, will travel xD

I hadn't thought much on a time frame, but if there are any cons that would be fairly local then they could be timed right. Even if it was a birmingham con, all you southern folk could head to the con and then home from there.

I could probably provide a limited amount of space for people staying over, though it would most likely be air mattresses on the floor. Bring your own air mattress. :p

And all are welcome...once a date is set, I'll see if I can have a couple of small projects on hand to show people how to mould, cast, fiberglass etc...

How did I miss this?? Dang mother had me busy all weekend..... anyway, yeah sounds like a cracking idea. For this no distance is too far, I have a car so you know.....

Will have to invest in a air mattress lol

Right...some more thoughts on this. I think a weekend day would be best for a couple of reasons. One being that having it on a friday would mean taking time off work for most folk, and two, there are several other businesses in my building, who might not appreciate a bunch of strangers wandering around. A weekend would mean we could have use of the meeting room as well for showing off props that you wanted to bring, since my studio will fit about 6 people in it at a push.

wow love the idea ... agreed it is quite a trek but i'll have to see whats going on around the time ... but im all in will be great to meet the UK lads

Right then...back to the top with this. I'm thinking either the final weekend in february, or the first weekend in march. That would be Saturday, the 25th of feb, or the following saturday, 3rd of march.

It doesn't have to be a saturday, but I thought that might be best. Any input would be valued, since you guys will be the ones making the trip.

I hope you dont mind me butting in here, i know im only new but ive been a member of the RPF for nearly 10 yrs now.

I recently just organised the UKs first official RPF Prop Party, which included the Dented Helmet, at the time i didnt realise the Lair fell under the same banner so i didnt extend the invite to you guys

however

i am in tandem with one of the UKs largest Convention organisors EXPO and this year the RPF and TDH will be attending 2 of their major events, one in Manchester - July and the other in Birmingham - November, and now that i know the Lair is under the RPF banner the invite is extended to you guys too.
You will be able to display Props and 1:1 displays and also buy and sell and on top of all that meet fantastic guys from the RPF and TDH

Thanks for the info? Could be considered poor form to push your own events in a thread about one that I'm organising though...so I suppose yes, I do mind a little...

Anyhow, they're not really the same thing. Rather than a "show and sell" event, I'm aiming for this to be more of a hands on event where people will be able to try their hand at casting, get tips on moulding, painting, and anything else of a more practical persuasion.

Thanks for the info? Could be considered poor form to push your own events in a thread about one that I'm organising though...so I suppose yes, I do mind a little...

Anyhow, they're not really the same thing. Rather than a "show and sell" event, I'm aiming for this to be more of a hands on event where people will be able to try their hand at casting, get tips on moulding, painting, and anything else of a more practical persuasion.

Mate, im not trying to piss on your parade here, ive merely pointed out that we have a couple of events coming up and the invite is extended to lair members, as the Lair falls under the RPF banner, or did i miss something there.

The RPF event has been mentioned eleswhere here, and at the last one everything that you have mentioned in your post above takes place with the added bonus of mixing with other like minded people within the RPF family.

my intention was not to hyjack your thread with my own event, it is infact OUR event by our i mean The Rpf, The TDH and now the Lair.

Im sorry youve taken my post to heart mate, that was not my intention, i was simply offering another option, from a more professional angle.

Hey man, if any thing I can do the 25th February or during a week up to from Sunday to Wednesday. Am booked for the 3rd March but can do any other day.

Don't think I'll be able to make it, got far too much going on so my weekends are a little packed out at the moment! Would have loved to come but meh, life happens to us all.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back