UK PROP PARTY Manchester report and Pics

Re: Uk prop parties please sign up for both events

Hi Guys

With the Manchester Event fast Approaching July 21st I need to start to finalise my List of members diplaying Props, so if you havent signed up for manchester then please do so.......

Birmingham is looking great as usual but we really could do with a few more for the Manchester Gig, its a one day event and a great way to meet your fellow RPF'ers.

UK RPF PROP PARTY T-Shirts will be available soon

Tee shirts, hell yes, will these be announced here Simon?

lee

Yes mate, i just need to get them Proofed First by Art and then il post up a couple of Options, they will be based on the Current RPF T-shirts but with a UK twist

Right Guys

Ive jusy got off the Phone to Paul from Expo who is extremely busy with the London Expo this weekend (thanks Paul if you read this)

As you are all aware Paul is very keen to have us as a regualr feature at the Expos that happen around the country however he understands that we have to Cherry Pick the events we can attend due to member commitments and timings.

Once the London Expo is out of the way the Manchester Gig (which we are attending) will kick into full flow.

Paul allows us to have the space he provides for free which in this day an age is a rare gesture, ask any one who normally goes to cons or Expos to display or sell how much they are charged for the space ...... its not cheap.

Expo believe and are impressed enough with what we offer them to allow us to appear for free and it is only right and fair that in return we put on a great display.
Last Novembers display was not only a fantastic addition to the show it was very very popular too, testiment to the great work you guys do building your props and displays.

Whats the point to this post, as i do tend to waffle on sometimes :lol

Well getting back to my Phone call with Paul at EXPO, Paul has said that space is not a problem what i/we need he will accomadate our needs however he only has a short time between expos to lay out the plans and issue space, which means that i have to submit to him in advance a list of items we will be displaying and rough estimate on the space needed to securely and safely display the props.

next week is the begining of June this leaves us 8 weeks to get everything in order and for me to submit the space required to Paul, it sounds a long time but in reality if you have not signed up your running out of time ....

it is seriously not an event to be missed ..........

So please if your are planning on signing up please let me know asap and also pm what it is you be bringing to the party.

Lets put on a bigger and better display than the last one, and Guys Thank you for all your hard efforts without you there would be no prop parties

Manchester Excel - 21st July
Birmingham Memorabilia - 23rd 24th November

T-shirts coming very soon guys

MCM EXPO MANCHESTER COMIC CON @ MANCHESTER CENTRAL
21st July 2012

MANCHESTER EXPO RPF MEMBER LIST

1/ Fettster - Life Size Statues - SPFX Make Up Display- x2
2/ SuckFace - Freddie Display - x1
3/ Phil TK1608 - Studio Scaled Models
5/ Clothears - Screen used Costumes x2
6/ RS PropMasters - Original ST armour x2
7/ DCProps - Jango Display (TDH) x2
8/ Supa Troop - Pred - Dredd Life Size ABC AND SPEEDER BIKE x3
9/ Dan r2dan and Denis obihahn (germany) - CZ-3 display
10/ Guy Cowen - Various weapons
11/ Rob - Dalek
12 / Nick Andrews - Life size Busts

Anyone else in for Manchester still a little time before the list closes

Just to let you Know the T-shirt design is done is pretty basic to keep the costs down but makes the point, Im just waiting on the staff to clear these and then i can show you.

The T-shirt will come with 2 options with or without crew on the backs

Just to let you Know the T-shirt design is done is pretty basic to keep the costs down but makes the point, Im just waiting on the staff to clear these and then i can show you.

The T-shirt will come with 2 options with or without crew on the backs

2 x crew Simon in case i miss the relevant thread when done buddy.

lee

I don't me to sound stupid but what does the crew mean ?

Not a stupid Question at all mate,

Crew is just a general term used on the T-shirts so
A/ we know your with the RPF, you have to remember most of us are just Cyber buddies and in many circumstances we will never ever meet each other.
B/ While we are displaying the props to the general public, you will find that someone wants to ask a question about a particular piece, by wearing an RPF t-shirt we are visable to the general Public.

and lastly it adds a new Professional look to the whole display area by having all the members displaying props looking the same and in uniform.

however having said all of that we are changing the wording on the T-shirts from CREW to MEMBER :)

I have to check, but I might be able to bring my Yoda along as well. I have one piece of luggage free, and if i can build a sturdy box/crate for it, I could bring him along. It's the v3.1 Cyberman head, so a genuine RPF product ;)

I just checked, bringing Yoda is totally possible.

He's not 100% finished yet, but makes a good display... as seen at FedCon
485806_390979404277503_537135221_n.jpg

He would come with a smaller/invisible base though ;)

I just checked, bringing Yoda is totally possible.

He's not 100% finished yet, but makes a good display... as seen at FedCon
485806_390979404277503_537135221_n.jpg

He would come with a smaller/invisible base though ;)

Great Stuff Dan :thumbsup

Dan, i wont be doing Manchester, but is there any chance you'll be at the November Mem show? Id love to see that Yoda!

lee

I would love to do both events, but I need to check flight costs and all that first. Bringing Yoda along wouldn't be a problem though :) I still want to see your probe droid as well!

Simon: that poster sadly isn't mine and it says R2 builders club on it somewhere.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back