UK PROP PARTY Manchester report and Pics

Re: UK RPF Prop Party Part 2 - Manchester 21st July SIGN UP

Well heres something you don't get to post every day, i've just got to get this cleared with the Event Organisors but hopefully for the May event we will have a UK and RPF first

A nice Group of Fem Troopers to bring added attention to the RPF Stand:love
im new to all this .Ihave 4 life size terminators that you can use for the birmingham show , thay are t600 and T1,2,3 im in south wales and if any one from south wales needs to share transport pm me

im new to all this .Ihave 4 life size terminators that you can use for the birmingham show , thay are t600 and T1,2,3 im in south wales and if any one from south wales needs to share transport pm me

Wow .............. :eek

Right ive just picked myself up off the floor !! did you say life size? do you have pictures at all

:eek

Ignore that last request ive just seen the Pictures ............... amazing and many thanks for signing up, you are indeed most welcome :)

The Birmingham show for November 2012 is looking amazing already and looks like it will be bigger and better than the last one

thanks to everyone who is signing up :)

Simon cant say ive ever designed one lol, but i know the guys that threw down in the last Tee thread really impressed, maybe talk to Art on a collaborative ground, and see if they can knock up an official UK RPF Tee?

This is looking great already, reckon its worth an ask to Leigh to maybe bring Bob the Alien along? Be great to have him there, a sculptor with mad skills.

lee

:eek

Ignore that last request ive just seen the Pictures ............... amazing and many thanks for signing up, you are indeed most welcome :)
have a look at my photo album i have a bitt off terminator do you need any thing else

have a look at my photo album i have a bitt off terminator do you need any thing else

The Lifesize Stuff would be Just Perfect, this is a public event and i was as nervous as hell at the last one with all the Little Props Around so i would just stick to your awsome lifesize stuff mate, You are now officially our Terminator Section :lol

WOW WOW WOW

Hot news just in folks, im sure somewhere i have mentioned that i have secured a lifesized Hybrid ABC Warrior Robot for both Manchester and Birmingham, well as an added bonus for the Birmingham Event i have secured the services of Patrick Mills, who is very rarely seen on the comic/convention scene.

Patrick Mills is the creator/ author of all 2OOOADs ABC WARRIOR Robot stories, Cinergi Films who made the Stallone Judge Dredd Movie had to get his permisson for the ABC Robot to be used in that Movie

i cant tell you how excited i am about this .............. whoop whoop

Awesome news Simon, on an important note, do i need my better half on side once more for official RPF cakes? Its a long day and sugar is our friend, even more so since i quit smoking!

Lee

Re: UK RPF Prop Party Pt 2 -3 Manchester/Birmingham

Awesome news Simon, on an important note, do i need my better half on side once more for official RPF cakes? Its a long day and sugar is our friend, even more so since i quit smoking!

Lee

Oh yes Lee, the RPF cakes are now an important part of UK Prop Parties

Tea and Cake how very British :)

Last edited:

just checking is this the right hotel the arden hotel and the dates 24-25 nov also can items be set up on the 23 .can you also tell me how it all runs as ihave never been to anything like this

just checking is this the right hotel the arden hotel and the dates 24-25 nov also can items be set up on the 23 .can you also tell me how it all runs as ihave never been to anything like this

Of course mate, you have 2 Options

Turn Up Usually Friday Afternoon and set up the RPF display area ready for saturday, this then leaves you free to help anyone else Saturday Morning :)

Or Turn up really early Saturday Morning where everyone helps each other set up the Display area.

We try to have seperate sections, Horror, Weapons, Busts , SW all laid out to give good consistency to the display. You obviously will have your own Termintor Area however i would suggest to leave at home smaller items and concentrate more on the bigger stuff.

The Arden Hotel is where we will be booking in the Star Signers and generally most people stay so the Saturday Night is Party night :)

We generally slowly start Packing away about 4pm Sunday as the general public are leaving.

Memorabilia and the NEC is notouriously a hard place to negotiate and there tends to be a lot of confusion so patience is a major virtue on the actual set up day .

Everyone displaying props is expected really to look after their own display area, its a general public event and you will get asked questions about your props and your collection, you may even get asked to sell a few items, but generally it is hoped your on hand to look after the whole display area and keep an eye on things. We had a bit of a problem at the last event where Daren, Richard and Myself couldn't leave the area as there was no-one on hand to look after things.
Basically we all keep an eye on each others Props, if you see someone touching something a gentle "please dont touch" usually works.

On that subject its a good idea to bring your own Table clothes preferably black and do not touch Notices, maybe even labels with some information about your display.

Last Years Prop Party was a major Success and everyone really enjoyed it, you will have a great time

if you need anymore info just let me know, but as the time draws nearer i will be constantly updating this thread :thumbsup

Re: Uk prop parties please sign up for both events

I'm looking forward to coming to Manchester with my son to see everything and a friend of mine might come too.
What is the entry fee likely to be? Sorry if it's already been mentioned and I've missed it.

Of course mate, you have 2 Options

Turn Up Usually Friday Afternoon and set up the RPF display area ready for saturday, this then leaves you free to help anyone else Saturday Morning :)

Or Turn up really early Saturday Morning where everyone helps each other set up the Display area.

We try to have seperate sections, Horror, Weapons, Busts , SW all laid out to give good consistency to the display. You obviously will have your own Termintor Area however i would suggest to leave at home smaller items and concentrate more on the bigger stuff.

The Arden Hotel is where we will be booking in the Star Signers and generally most people stay so the Saturday Night is Party night :)

We generally slowly start Packing away about 4pm Sunday as the general public are leaving.

Memorabilia and the NEC is notouriously a hard place to negotiate and there tends to be a lot of confusion so patience is a major virtue on the actual set up day .

Everyone displaying props is expected really to look after their own display area, its a general public event and you will get asked questions about your props and your collection, you may even get asked to sell a few items, but generally it is hoped your on hand to look after the whole display area and keep an eye on things. We had a bit of a problem at the last event where Daren, Richard and Myself couldn't leave the area as there was no-one on hand to look after things.
Basically we all keep an eye on each others Props, if you see someone touching something a gentle "please dont touch" usually works.

On that subject its a good idea to bring your own Table clothes preferably black and do not touch Notices, maybe even labels with some information about your display.

Last Years Prop Party was a major Success and everyone really enjoyed it, you will have a great time

if you need anymore info just let me know, but as the time draws nearer i will be constantly updating this thread :thumbsup
just booked hotel and ill see you all there

I'm looking forward to coming to Manchester with my son to see everything and a friend of mine might come too.
What is the entry fee likely to be? Sorry if it's already been mentioned and I've missed it.

although not 100% sure id say around a Fiver mate,

but check here for all the info Select your show

If I book the hotel, do I have to pay a reserve or anything?

rhino_bolt.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back