UK PROP PARTY Manchester report and Pics

Supa troop

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok guys this is not a sign up just yet as i need to get confirmation of us attending

But Please add this date to your Diaries and a dead line for your getting your New Prop's, Models and costume's Built :)

MCM EXPO MANCHESTER COMIC CON @ MANCHESTER CENTRAL
21st July 2012

Also subject to confirmation we need to choose between these 2 events and dates

MEMORABILIA LONDON @ EXCEL
27th & 28th October 2012

OR

MEMORABILIA BIRMINGHAM @ THE NEC
24th-25th November 2012

Last edited:
Re: UK RPF Prop Party Part 2 -

Definitely on for London. Possibly Birmingham (depends if I can persuade the family). Probably not Manchester (but you never know).

I'm with you Si :)

would love to go along to all of them

maybe we can get some funds together and everyone in the midlands ( birmingham area ) chuck all of our gear in a hire van or something and do the manchester and London shows
be nice to do the Birmingham one again too as it's just up the road

Manchester, not 100%, i get married the weekend after, so could be a busy boy.
London, reckon i may be able to, possibly, Birmingham, 100% full weekend with new stuff too.

lee

I'm in for Manchester guys! I'm still kicking myself for not coming to the first one, especially after seeing all the pics and videos. See you all there :)

Manchester, not 100%, i get married the weekend after, so could be a busy boy.
London, reckon i may be able to, possibly, Birmingham, 100% full weekend with new stuff too.

lee

hahahahaha i get married the following weekend too :thumbsup

I'm in for Manchester guys! I'm still kicking myself for not coming to the first one, especially after seeing all the pics and videos. See you all there :)
yeah man if you were there, then that would have been the icing in the cake

cheers

Should be ok for manchester..do you know yet if its gonna be a two day event ?

Also should be good for brimingham in november too..personally I would prefer birmingham, it's just that bit easier than London for me to get to...

Cheers

Phil

Hey Guys
Manchester Comic Con will be held at Manchester Central formerly G-MEX on Saturday 21st of July. its a One day event.

At this Stage i cannot give out full details of the Events, Paul from Expo as you can Imagine is a very Busy guy dealing with other Expo Events and we wont get full details for this one until about a month to go.

However this doesn't stop us tentatively signing up here and gauging interest, i realise this is very early to do this so i want to give every one the opportunity to be able to sign up and display their collection.

Im not entirely sure how big of an arena The Manchester Expo covers but i believe it is not as big as the NEC event with this in mind we may have to Limit items displayed by individual members.

The Areas id like to cover are

THE REPLICA PROP FORUM
Studio Scaled Models
Screen Used
Horror
General Movies - non sci-fi
General Sci-fi - Not Including Boba Fett, Predator
Lifesize Stautes
Special FX make up display

THE DENTED HELMET
Boba Fett

THE HUNTERS LAIR
Predator

We had some amazing displays at the last event and im sure we can replicate that again :)

Get in Early for the Manchester event guys

Oh and just to let you know Kenny Baker and Warwick Davis will be in Attendence for this Event :love

Re: UK RPF Prop Party Part 2 - Manchester 21st July

Guys
Just wanted to make sure this thread stays alive.

Ive mailed the Organisors today about our attendence at the EXPO in Manchester this July as soon as a get a positive reply i will update this thread again.

Im getting reports that the Manchester venue MANCHESTER CENTRAL is a little on the small side, can anyone confirm this ........... ??

if this is indeed the case we may have to slightly down size our attendence and displays.

i will of course confirm all this but it will possibly be on a first come first served basis.

The November Show However is a different story we need more members with more props and this time we will be including the Hunters Lair

Should be ok for manchester..do you know yet if its gonna be a two day event ?

Also should be good for brimingham in november too..personally I would prefer birmingham, it's just that bit easier than London for me to get to...

Cheers

Phil

Manchester is a one day event Phil, and we will just be attending Manchester and Birmingham this year, hopefully add London 2013

I'm with you Si :)

would love to go along to all of them

maybe we can get some funds together and everyone in the midlands ( birmingham area ) chuck all of our gear in a hire van or something and do the manchester and London shows
be nice to do the Birmingham one again too as it's just up the road

Hopefully i will have a couple of Transit vans available for the Birmingham Members

OK guys this is now GO GO GO

Please sign up if you interested in Coming along and displaying your Props.

do not Include Fett or Predator related Items as these will be taken care of by the TDH and Lair.

I will add more info as it comes in, there are a couple of issues we need to deal with that occured at the last event however we will discuss this as the time Draws near.

There is the possibility of Limited space so i would suggest you get on the list to display nice and early to avoid disappointment, if you do get cut from the list you will have first option on the Big one in November
Please make sure you can commit to the whole day before posting

The are a couple of items i want to get produced in time for this event but need to clear it with Art and the staff first and they are ID CARDS with Lanyards and T-shirts

lets see what your bringing Guys :)

Would love to come to this one guys, the last one was a fantastic event. But sadly Manchester is just to far for me. I wish you all the best with it, and will see you guys at the Birmingham one :)

welsh

Would love to come to this one guys, the last one was a fantastic event. But sadly Manchester is just to far for me. I wish you all the best with it, and will see you guys at the Birmingham one :)

welsh

Never say never

Someone on the TDH may well be coming from your neck of the woods

Have some exciting news coming up of some Life Size Displays that will be a part of the RPF prop party.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back