UK PROP PARTY Manchester report and Pics

Re: Uk prop parties 2012 please sign up for both events

Ill hopefully make the 7 o clock start ....
Look out for the huge white sprinter van full of Daleks :thumbsup
Im also bringing teh Dr Who BIG guns , and a few Star Wars helmets.
Oh ..and the interrogation droid ..anyone want an examination ?

Person above me, you went Widnes reel cinemas to see Batman tonight.
I ask because by chance someone sitting in front of me was talking to their friend about going tomorrow.
I just found it interesting that someone I cross paths with at the cinema turns out to be going, in Widnes/Warrington of all places

Came and had a look and I've got to say the RPF corner was about the best thing at the show. Couldn't stop long (and didn't want to really ,place was absolutely packed!!!) but the Props corner really did look fantastic and was a real draw for people. Nice talking to TK about his fantastic falcon build , all the displays looked strong and generated an amazing amount of interest from what I could hear and see.A credit to the forum guys, the helmets, 1/1 scale figures, models and builds really stole the show.

Hey all, just wanted to say that it was a great day, very glad I went, and it was great to see folks I've met before and great to meet new one's too...so piccys..
Leia1.jpg

Speeder1correct.jpg

femtroopers1.jpg

falcon1-1.jpg

term1.jpg

IMG_5677.jpg

IMG_5678.jpg

IMG_5662.jpg

dalek1.jpg

IMG_5668.jpg

IMG_5667.jpg

abc3.jpg

abc2.jpg

abc1.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

Joker1.jpg

xwings1.jpg

It was a great turnout as you can see, with some fantastic stuff on show, I was very pleased to have been part of it.
Big thanks again to Simon for all his hard work putting it all together, you're a legend fella !!

Cheers all

Phil

The pics looks amzing i so wish i could have gone. looks awesome though

Cheers for the pics Phil, looks a really top notch performance again, like your SS display, LOVING the ATAT bucket!

lee

Ok, just got back after 24 hrs of not sleeping and traveling.
This has been a very COOL experience! I've always wanted to meet some of the guys from RPF and this has been the best opportunity to do so.

Simon was just awesome. Venue was great, he worked hard to get this done and I think it was a success! I don't know how many people visited our RPF corner but they sure were a ton.

Also, I was amazed at the talent displayed.
Fettster's 1:1 Joker is mind-blowing. I've put the pic on facebook and people couldn't understand if it was a live person or a statue :D

Tk1608 scratch built Falcon is just "I'm not worthy" like. W-O-W. Such patience and attention to detail! ABC warrior and the speeder bike were so impressive too!

But the thing I'm most happy about is the atmosphere and the feeling of friendship and comradery there was. And for sure, wearing the RPF UK shirt didn't hurt as well :love

THanks to our german friends and their non-present german accent. Ze chicken will always be remembered :D (they know what I'm talking about) :D

I hope to host a RPF Party in Italy maybe next year! That would be AWESOME!
Thanks for the great experience guys!

Fulvio

That joker was a statue, i thought it was a bloke in a costume and very good prostetics. Thats bloody amazing

Yeah, sorry should've added that my pic of the joker is a man in makeup...fettster's fantastic work !!!

Phil

The RPF prop corner was definitely one of the highlights of the show.

The biggest kick I got was listening to those who were seeing things like this for the first time, the gasps and awe displayed by members of the public reminded me of just how much we all forget how awesome all of this is and how most people do not get the chance to see and do what we do.

I hope this continues to grow as I can't wait to see it develop.

Good job all involved a real success.

Re: Uk PROP PARTY 2012 MANCHESTER REPORTS

Il do a full report soon on this event with more pictures but for now i just wanted to pop this picture up of the UK RPF team from the UK, Germany and Italy and guest of honour Brian Muir

theteam.jpg

I would like to give a big thank you to Dennis, Dan, Fulvio and Angelina who travelled across from Germany and Italy for this event, great guys all them.

Also a big thank you to everyone who displayed their props without you guys committing to these events well it just wouldn't happen

Thanks also to DC and RS for organising the TDH side of things and saving me from suicide :lol

Last week was a very eventful week for me personally which was topped off nicely with the news the event was in danger of being cancelled 2 days before Saturday, a mix up with emails meant that the EXPO team had no idea we were actually turning up so after some frantic last minute calls we finally got everything straightened out.

As you can see from the pictures the RPF UK prop parties are fast becoming big attractions at these major events, and there is room to expand.
To be honest the UK TDH and Hunters Lair didn't really get behind the event as much as would hoped however the display area looked stunning and all day there were masses of people queuing to enter our area.

The one down side was som half wit guy who decided it was fun to try and climb up the Dalek but he was quickly dealt with and sent packing with a flea in his ear.

It would be great to see even more of you display your props at these events, the bottom line is Replica and screen used props are not seen at events and it is clear their is a market for them the viewing public love to see these items.

Thank you again to everyone who helped to make this a massive success, Birmingham should be even better so the invitation is extended to any RPF member to sign up and join the Prop Party

in there somewhere is the RPF Prop Display
crowds.jpg

RS PROPMASTERS
rs.jpg

Phil Brown
phil.jpg

Glyn
glyn.jpg

Fettster Rich Martin

ghie3.jpg

Fulvio

fulvio.jpg

Dennis and Dan
DenandDan.jpg

DC Props
dc.jpg

Cloth Ears
clothears.jpg

FM PROPS
Carl.jpg

Our Guest of Honour Brian Muir
brian.jpg

Last edited:
phew, what a day!

it was lovely to see someof the guys from the last party and an absolute pleasure to finally meet Fulvio...been a long time coming mate!

hats off to siman as always, i know you got stressed out by it all mat but you did pull it off.

thankyou all for the positive comments on the make up demo, my victem....er model isnt a member here but he wanted me to say how wonderfully welcoming everybody was!

Set up looks amazing guys, a really professional job. Rich was your "victim" the same fella that had the Zombie work done last time out in Bham? Really good sport of a fella!
Looking forward to seeing you all come November :thumbsup.

lee

Set up looks amazing guys, a really professional job. Rich was your "victim" the same fella that had the Zombie work done last time out in Bham? Really good sport of a fella!
Looking forward to seeing you all come November :thumbsup.

lee

hi lee, yes its the same guy. he loves it!

the zombie last year was pieces from nimba but we decided this time to do something from scratch

Looked like a fantastic set up, with some amazing pieces on show. Really cant wait for the next one and hope its a bit closer so I can make it. Loved the last one.

Well done guys

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back