Uk leather supplier?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Hello rpf,
Im looking for a decent place to buy leather in the uk
Tandys order sizes are a tad over my needs.
Any clues? :confused

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don't know how much you're trying to get, but you'll be hard pressed to find a place that sells smaller pieces than Tandy.

Well looking to make a Link costume from the Legend of Zelda TP
so looking for enough to make a
vampbrace
belt around waist and around chest etc
I wanted to order some suede from them , but it was 9 sq feet lowest order
thanks for the help anyway :3

Risu

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ebay is really your only option for that. I wouldn't recommend suede for link though, his gear is made from tooling leather. To do his stuff I'd recommend one or two belt blanks and a shoulder. It'll run you somewhere around $60. Leather is one of the more expensive materials for costuming, but if you do it right it really pays off.

Using suede for the bracer pads on each arm
Will be using 5-7 oz tooling leather for the rest i think
The problematic part is the belt over the shoulder and under the arm needs to be curved to sit properly, needing a larger piece of leather with more waste

firebapx

have you considered going to a charity shop and picking up an old leather jacket you can get some really cheep and might just be what your after