U2fan24's Converted Marty McFly 2015 Jacket

thegreatgalling

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Intro

After YEARS of waiting for someone to offer these to the community, I can finally add Marty's 2015 jacket to my collection.:)

After noticing U2fan24's conversion service in the JY, I decided to bite as his first customer. You need to buy one innacurate B@MJ jacket and send it his way - what he sends you in return in unrecognizable and amazing.

Before I jump into the jacket, I wanted to start by saying how much I appreciated Aaron's communication. He was incredibly nice in PMs, answered any questions I had, and would provide updates - even sending me two videos. We can def. use more people like him in the hobby and I feel like I made a friend.

Turn around was QUICK, I think he took no more than a week to finish it. This is amazing considering how different it looked when it came back to me.

Accuracy​

Thanks to members liked Edward H and General Frosty, the community knows more about this jacket than it ever has. With that said, I knew that the B@MJ jacket had its problems. The fabric is all wrong and the sleeves are a little on the light side. It also has a zipper which was not included on the real jacket.

Here is the B@MJ jacket:

559b04d19508cbb508c0e54a26530a76.image.476x550.JPG

(Note the bright read leathery color).

And here is the original screenused jacket:

Marty%202015%20Jacket.jpg

So going in, I knew exactly what I was getting. Aaron wasn't doing anything to the sleeves, but he was replacing the fabric on the jacket (which we called reupholstering for lack of a better word) and removing the zipper. He also replaced all the clips on the bottom and sleeves of the jacket and replaced it with a material that mimics the office chair plastic in appearance.

Another neat feature Aaron added was a sound board that includes the two sounds made by the jacket in the movie - the "drying mode on" sound and the "size adjusting - fit" sound. VERY COOL!

The Jacket​

So without any further ado, here is some nice pics of the jacket (Note the color changes in different lighting).

affd78b0.jpg

ee525eeb.jpg

3348f84f.jpg

b8e0e269.jpg

4865d689.jpg

8a8b20bf.jpg

de9cd043.jpg

0b347dcd.jpg

b7e983f5.jpg

4a4e22aa.jpg

Last edited:
OH WOW!! I never would have expected a review like this! I was expecting something more like "I got the jacket, thanks!:)" And I would have been perfectly happy with that. But to hear everything you had to say was too kind and unexpected.
It wasn't long ago when I had to wake up every morning, see my unaltered, earplug orange B@MJ jacket on display on a mannequin and thought to myself... "I wish that looked more like the one from the movie." And now I look at your pics and think "I wish my jacket looked that good" lol.
But I'm glad others are finally benefiting from the risks I took on my jacket. It's reviews like this that makes it all worth while:)
BTW... the pics and video look great! They turned out much better than the pics and video I made. Thank you sooo much! And I'm glad you're happy with it:)

holy crap nice review!! I like that the buttons came out so well on the sound chip! How wearable is the jacket with the chip and batteries installed?

It is fine to wear. MUCH lighter than the original fabric - Almost feels like a rain coat on. You sort of feel the wire if you rub your hand along the jacket - but it is comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem wearing it for long periods of time - but I am just going to display it.

Wow ! :eek :eek

Absolutely true - you would never believe its the same jacket.

No wonder you are so happy with it :cool

Great buy and fantastic workmanship :thumbsup

Congrats to both of you !

It is fine to wear. MUCH lighter than the original fabric - Almost feels like a rain coat on. You sort of feel the wire if you rub your hand along the jacket - but it is comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem wearing it for long periods of time - but I am just going to display it.

Electronic wise I think it would be perfectly fine to wear even if it's raining. On Joe's jacket there are two wires running between the fabric layer and the liner (I used a red and black wire to blend in) they lead from the switches to the upper pocket (seen here on your left). In the pocket there's a little pack about the size of a credit card that contains batteries, a speaker and so on. It easily slides in and out of the pocket in order to replace the batteries. So if you were to wear it on a rainy day you could simply put the pack in a ziplock bag and slide it back in the pocket.

The red material is drawer liner material. It's probably the most accurate material that's readily available. It's surprisingly really strong and comfortable to wear. The only problem is that between each bump are little holes. So if you were to wear it in the rain then it won't keep very much water out. (But the hoverboards don't work on water either... so they compliment each other that way:).

ah awesome. i knew the material looked familiar. very very cool. once i send mine, i intend on wearing it when i drive my car lol.

Sounds very cool!! Im new here and i found this thread by saerching a good replica of martys 2015 Jacket via google....

Sounds realy awesome, what he do with this jacket!! :) How much would be the costs for this conversion??

Greez Marc

This is a fantastic Jacket!!! Congratulation to you my friend to bought it and congrats to U2fan24 for his work!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back